I've been having some weird intermittent behavior with a part of my nodered flow that involves "pausing" a message at a Stoptimer node, then passing it to a Looptimer node if not "stopped". The message (not "stop" payload) is making it out of the Stoptimer node to the Looptimer, but the looptimer is only changing from "Stopped" to blank, not "running". What's really wierd is if I add a debug node to the output of the stoptimer, the same message will now correctly start the looptimer. It's almost as if the looptimer won't work without a debug node reading the incoming signal?
Incidentally, when the looptimer gets a "stop" message, it always correctly updates to the "stopped" state, with or without an additional debug node. Also, directly injecting any random message to the looptimer will reliably start it, regardless what message(s) I send (except payload:"stop" of course). It's just the messages emitted from the stoptimer that aren't starting the looptimer.
Any ideas why this is happening? I'd post the flow export, but I noticed it contains a lot of personal info. So I am hoping the pic and text description are adequate.
Some background on the goal of the flow: it uses a beeper to remind occupants to close certain exterior doors that should not remain open very long. It beeps every 20sec if a door is left open longer than it's connected stoptimer node (20sec to get through normal doors, and 60sec to pass through the 'garage cover'). Closing the door will immediately stop beepers and reset associated timers. There's also a telegram command node to override (kill the beeps) if a door is intentionally left open. The flow has worked as expected in the past, but recently I noticed this issue has resulted in intermittent operation (beepers aren't working like they should every time).
[edit: Just noticed the 3 switch nodes seem to be redundant, and the same could be done with just 1 "change to stop" node with 3 stoptimers... but that shouldn't cause/fix any problems I don't think.]