SVG node, change one item's color from another node?

Hi Russ,
It is always better to start a new discussion if you encounter a new problem. Because it is confusing for readers, and people with knowledge about dashboard alignment might not read a thread with a subject about SVG item colors...

And can you please add some screenshots, with arrows to point where we have to look. That makes it much easier to understand your problem. And then hopefully some others can join the discussion, because I'm not an expert in dashboard widget alignments ...

That I don't understand. The width and height of your SVG are "100" which means "100px" (not "100%"), so your SVG is 100p x 100px isn't it?

You can see in this StackOverflow discussion that the x/y attributes are only used when you have an SVG nested into another SVG.

That I also don't understand. The viewport is defined by your svg width and height attributes. Do you mean the viewbox attribute? The viewbox can be used to specify which part of your SVG drawing needs to be displayed in your viewport. See this viewbox demo that I made for somebody else this evening...

What do you mean with that? By using a viewBox, the svg contents will scale (with its parent container), without it won't...