Switching based on runtime for day or week

What is the easiest/best way to switch a device on/off based on how long a device has been on (running) for during the current day (since 00 hours) or the last 7 days?

I have been the time at which the device is turned on and off in SQLite. I have had great difficulties determining the required queries to find the required information. I figure this must be something that many people want to do, so hopefully there is a node or example I can work from.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes

A bit more detail needed ?? Is the on/off sacrosanct and must survive a restart of Node-red ?

Will the two conditions interact ? i.e. it has run longer during the week than the set point , but not longer than the daily setpoint ?

Essentially the easiest way is to create a countdown timer - and monitor that for when it expires - have a look at Ncherrys mytimeout node - should be able to do what you want

Feed the input with whatever it is that triggers the start of the runtime - feed the output of both into a node to act on the off condition - be it MQTT message sending etc

Craig

0 Likes

Thanks for this. It looks like it might be the way to go.

0 Likes

Excellent thanks for letting us know

Maybe mark it as solved when you confirm it works

Craig

0 Likes