Temperature controls cooling control and a separate control for heating

node restarts, sensors disappear, stuff like that.
just not really reliable at this moment for what i need them for temp control.
i was using a regular arduino for my pressure transducers.(use for volume calculation and to calculate my specific gravity of my wort)
so if i get the esp8266 going for the ds18b20's, i can essentially add my code for pressure transducers on it as well.
hell maybe i can use the PWM on the esp8266 as well but for now most important is to have reliable accurate temp readings.
baby steps now. my brain is fried from all the rabbit hole searches i have been on trying to get this system running right.

What circuit did you use to connect the devices to the pi (and what are you using to connect them to the esp8266)? There is a lot of poor advice on the internet for connecting 1 wire to the pi.

How many DS18B20 are you connecting, what wire length, and how have you wired them?

[Edit] Also, how many DS devices?

In addition to @colin question, which node are you using to read the ds18b20?

i have used all 4 nodes for ds18b20's.
@colin
i have 7 sensors. approximately 75 feet total in length.
they are all hooked in parallel with Phone line wire. i have a 4.7 resistor connected from the signal and the power wire. I am not sure what you mean by "DS devices" if your talking about my pressure transducers though i have 3 .i only need one in my hlt it only has water in it. 2 in boil kettle. the lower one is for calculating volume the second is needed to calculate the difference between the 2 sensors so i can have the accurate specific gravity of my "wort" so the lower sensor can give me the correct information. (pressure in psi x 27.72 / specific gravity = actual water column height. AWCH x area of tank = total tank volume , TTV x .004329= how many gallons in vessel.
yes i keep bouncing around on this project but i keep having issues with the sensors.
i had even had 3 tanks connected to one gpio on the pi, and enabled the second 1wire bus, and had the 4 fermenters connected to it. the problem there was in the nodes the only sensors i could pick were off of the second bus, however the ones on original bus still worked, unless the errored out.
However every ds18b20 node seemed to have its own issue.
the more i started to modify it the more it really gave me issues.
i have read plenty forum posts where people are using the esp8266's for there devices. honestly they way my brewery is split into 2 rooms, i think it may actually be the better way of me getting all the data.
Then sharing with the pi take up less resources of the pi.
I will be at the brewery in a few minutes to see if i have the esp8266 programed correctly and post an update.

Have you daisy chained them or star connected? They should ideally be daisy chained.

Is that to the 3.3V Pi supply?
Assuming you are using just a two wire connection then 4.7k is too high, particularly for 7 1-Wire sensors. The pullup voltage min spec is three volts, so you only have 0.3V to play with. If you use all three wires then you have a better chance. I am assuming they are connected direct to GPIO lines. You could try 2.2k or 1k and see if it helps, but I wouldn't hold out much hope, for 7 sensors you really need a proper 1-Wire hardware interface.

Is the ESP device 5V? If so then you have a better chance, but I think you would still need a lower resistor, and again will not be surprised if it just doesn't work reliably without a harware 1-wire i/f.

I meant the DS18B20 devices. I didn't think the others were connected to the pi.

As of right now I can not get esp8266 to connect to my wifi at brewery, it connects fine at home

yes the esp has 5 volt.
parallel is daisy chained.
i am using 3 wires I'm not running in parasitic mode

getting frustrated this morning, i had esp connected to wifi at house
changed code for brewery wifi and no connection

What do you mean "hardware 1- wire"

4.7k om right?

I found that 1.8K ohm works better when using multiple longer DS18B20 (use 3V not 5V)
I am using 4 sensors ( 3 meter long )

Ah sorry did not read this before i posted.

That (and the 5 volts) makes it a lot better.

I meant a dedicated 1-wire master, which is designed to get the best out of a 1-wire bus. See below. However, I was particularly talking about the pi, which has significant limitations when driving 1-wire direct from the GPIO. I have very little experience with 1-Wire on an ESP so I don't know what the limitations there are. 1-wire masters ā€“ Homechip Ltd

so i had to add another wifi login on my netgear nighthawk.
esp8266 is connected now.
ill mess with more later today. i had to remove the ds18b20's temporary so i could brew earlier my today.
ill get wired back to esp8266 and give an update.

so should i be using 5 volt power but have the resistor go from signal line to 3.3v?

I was thinking the ESP is a 5V device, but looking it up I see it is not. In that case you must not use 5V for the power to the sensors, or you may blow up the ESP, due to 5V coming out of the sensor. But again, on further googling I find this, which suggests the input pins are 5V tolerant, so perhaps you can use 5V to supply the sensors, but it still sounds dodgy. https://www.ridiculously-simple.com/2021/05/19/are-the-esp32-and-esp8266-5v-tolerant-yes-they-officially-are/

Sorry for leading you astray on that point.

Certainly on the Pi you must not put 5V anywhere near the inputs or you will blow them up.

so i have a arduino uno wifi rev2
i could use it instead of the esp8266 however i do not have a terminal block hat for that board.
guess ill by one and see if thats better ill use the 5 volt. with esp8266 and see if i have problems if i blow it im just blowing it not my pi! lol
thanks for digging into that @Colin