Hi there, I'm pretty new to NR so this is probably something very obvious/easy.
I'm running an mqtt instance on my local network, but I can't seem to connect to it from NR. This instance definitely works - I can pub/sub to it from the command-line of my main workstation and it's currently supporting a number of Zigbee-based wireless devices through Home Assistant.
This is what I have done:
- Verified that I can publish and subscribe to the mqtt instance from a separate computer on my network, using the IP, port, and authorization credentials that I established, along with the topic.
- Dragged the inject (timestamp) and mqtt nodes into the workspace, and connected them together. (Basically attempting to follow this video: MQTT Publish and Subscribe Using Node Red - YouTube)
- Double-clicked the mqtt node and attempted to set up the server info.
- Under the connection tab, I have added the IP address and confirmed that the default port is correct. I have tried both the v3 and v3-legacy protocols.
- Under the security tab, I have entered the username and password that I am using successfully from the command-line.
5a. Note: I have also tried connecting anonymously, after configuring mqtt to allow anonymous connections and re-verifying that I could pub/sub from my workstation without supplying credentials.
- I've hit the deploy button after making any/all of these changes.
- First, the mqtt node has a red-square icon + disconnected message right below the node.
- After ~10s, this changes to "connecting" with a yellow-square icon, and that's how it remains.
I'm running NR from a docker container, and I have accessed the shell for this container but I do not know any methods to troubleshoot within this environment. There appears to be some commands available like
mqtt_sub, but there are no docs about how to use them. In case it's useful info, I'll also add that mqtt is running on the same physical host as NR, in a separate docker container.
Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.