Windows_NT 10.0.18363 x64 LE
node-red: v1..0.3
node.js: 12.13.1
uibuilder: 3.2.1
dashboard: 2.19.2
Context store : 'default' [module=memory]

description:
I have 2 systems, configured as above.

In system 2, the uibuilder node, opens fine in properties and the edit and manage libraries work as expected. the /uibuilder/.config/packageList.json contains socket.io, vue, bootstrap-vue,bootstrap.

In system 1, the uibuilder node, opens fine in properties, BUT neither Edit nor Manage libraries perform any noticeable action. Viewing the /uibuilder/.config/packageList.json contains only socket.io.

Focusing on system 1, I've removed the vue and bootstrap-vue npm modules, removed uibuilder node-red contrib and restarted my node-red. Reversing the processing, I re-installed uibuilder and then added that node, only, to a new flow. Opened the node, and still, neither buttons, Edit and Manager Lib, perform an action. I'm figuring there is a node-red/node.js compat. problem somewhere.

In the Node-red console, an error is shown when deploying:
[error] [uibuilder:uibuilder]
Error copying template files from C:\Users\myuser.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-uibuilder\nodes\templates\vue to
\Users\myuser.node-red\uibuilder\uibuilder Error=ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\Users\myuser.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-uibuilder\templates\vue'

The templates directory is located at c:\users\myuser.node-red\node-modules\node-red-contrib\nodes. A manual copy of the templates directory to c:\users\myuser.node-red\node-modules\node-red-contrib fixed the error on deploy.

Let me guess ... you are using a different browser between the systems? Is the browser on system 1 IE11 maybe or perhaps the old edge? It is quite an old version of W10, out of support I think?

Open the dev tools on system 1 and let me know what errors you find in the console.

system 2, the working system is using Chrome, system 1 using Firefox

GET

scheme
http
host
localhost:1880
filename
/credentials/uibuilder/5d5f322c.7ec47c
Address
127.0.0.1:1880
Status304
Not Modified

it's the dang browser. Opens up fine on Chrome on both systems. worked after a restart of node-red and a page refresh.

I stopped using FF ages ago when I was last having issues with it. I also stopped using Chrome because I dislike Googles tendency to grab your private data even when they say they aren't.

I use Edge on Windows - it still uses Chromium. But it has the major advantage (for me) that you can use your Microsoft and Office 365 accounts for synchronisation of profiles. I have 1 Microsoft account and 3 O365 E5 accounts. (I also have a Google Enterprise and several Google personal accounts but lets not go there!). I use Brave as standard on both iOS and Android but also have Edge because it is again easy to transition from mobile to desktop and back.

If anyone finds any actual errors though with FF, please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.