Ui-table not updating although data is sent

Hi all,
I am working with ui-table and have trouble with updating data. I have only three values placed in an array of key value pairs. From ui-table doc I would think it will display the new values whenever I send a message with a new array. But this only works once, only the first array content is displayed and there are no updates. A debug node in parallel shows the correct data.
What can I do? I searched many threads but nothing worked for me.
Thanks for any help

These payload examples may help:

to set a new array:

{
	"command": "setData",
	"arguments": [
		[
			{
				"Seq": "mySequence",
				"Model": "myModel",
				"Color": "myColor",
				"Plan": 1,
				"id": "1e16486951ce05d5",
				"Date": "21.10.2022"
			}
		]
	],
	"returnPromise": false
}

to add a new row:

{
	"command": "addRow",
	"arguments": [
		[
			{
				"Seq": "mySequence",
				"Model": "myModel",
				"Color": "myColor",
				"Plan": 1,
				"id": "1e16486951ce05d5",
				"Date": "21.10.2022"
			}
		],
		false
	],
	"returnPromise": true
}

Hi knoepsche,

thanks for the hint, setData is what I need and your example works fine for me.

~WRD000.jpg

Another thing with ui-table, you don't need to actually pass the command to set the data. All you need to do is pass in an array of objects and it will use that to set the data. Everything else would require a command like adding/deleting rows and such. But if you're sending in the whole dataset every time, all you need to do is send it in and it should make the table based off of it.

Hi Matt,

exactly what you describe is what I tried and what did not work.
I found myself a workaround and that is sending a message with command updateData from a function node triggered by any message going to to ui-table node. That also did the job, but knoepsche’s solution is much cleaner so I use this one now.

~WRD000.jpg

Perfect. Glad it's working!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.