Uibuilder rename folder

I would like to rename an existing uibuilder folder. So I changed the name:

After deploying, the folder hasn't been renamed, but a new folder has been created with standard files (html/js/css).

How to just rename a folder? Can it be done manually?

As it has failed for some reason, just stop node-red, delete the folder it created and rename the old one then restart node-red.

Not sure why it failed though. I did a rename the other day and it worked OK. I don't suppose there were any errors in the node-red log?

This is the only message I have found in the log, related to the rename operation:

Jun 25 14:10:21 SaltyRest Node-RED[337]: 25 Jun 14:10:21 - [info] [uibuilder:nodeInstance:primevue1] Created instance folder /home/boss/.node-red/uibuilder/primevue1 and copied template files from /home/boss/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-uibuilder/templates/blank

It seems that it has created a new instance and copied blank templates, instead of renaming the old one.

Thanks, I'll double-check the code.

Update: Sadly, I didn't get to it this weekend as the family needed more TLC than anticipated :slight_smile:

Next on the list though and probably (hopefully), the last fix before v5.1 is released with lots in interesting goodness in it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.