Unable to start node-red after installing modbus sample code

Hi all,
I recently copied the codes below related to modebus master and slave. Node red is not starting, and I am getting the error below. How do I go about solving or clearing the error?

9 May 21:46:27 - [info] Starting flows
9 May 21:46:27 - [error] [function:Pump 1 simulator] SyntaxError: Unexpected token )
9 May 21:46:27 - [info] Started flows
9 May 21:46:27 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
9 May 21:46:27 - Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use 0.0.0.0:10502
at Server.setupListenHandle [as _listen2] (net.js:1280:14)
at listenInCluster (net.js:1328:12)
at doListen (net.js:1461:7)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Firstly, no node should crash node-red, please raise an issue in the GitHub repo.

Next, start node-red in safe mode, edit your flow then deploy.

Search the forum, internet or read the docs for how to start safe mode.

Thank you Steve.
I started in safe mode. I made the necessary changes, then deployed. Problem solved.
Thanks again for your help.

No problem. Did you raise an issue on the repo? Would be good for all future users for this to be fixed.

It's a known issue. I don't think you can run both slave and master as they can't both "grab" the port.

1 Like

Cheers. Then perhaps @Zaza should leave a "me too" type of comment to add some weight behind it & let the Dev know it's not a one off?

yeah - like shouting at devs really motivates them :wink:

No of course not but if the dev believes it to be a one off concern - they might think its the users environment & not put too much time or thought into it. but if all users at least +1 or "me too" an issue (and the dev gives a monkeys) then it might re-order priorities.

PS, I know you know what i mean :wink:

Yes, I raised it in the GitHub repo.
I hope that someone will take note.

1 Like

Yes I know what you mean. But a +1 without any additional help/context/diagnostic is not moving things forwards.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.