Unplanned Restart / Reboot?

My Raspi does not have any desktop ... just pure commandline

I reduced my charts to 10min updates and 24h history --> max. 144 datapoints per datasource
the biggest chart has 5 datasources --> 720 datapoints

So next, you need to look for ways to simplify your flows.

Do you have lots of function nodes? If so, check whether you can reduce the complexity of them and possibly remove some temporary intermediate variables.

Do you have lots of split flows (e.g. >1 wire coming out of a node)? Each time you do that, you are forcing Node-RED to take a deep copy of a msg. See if there are any ways to make your flows more linear.

Do you have nodes installed that you don't actually use? Each node has to be loaded (at least partly) into memory even if it isn't added to a flow.

The alternative is to either get another cheap device like another Pi and split your flows. Or to get a more capable device as I mentioned previously.

As @zenofmud has already suggested, try disabling the charts completely and seeing if the memory usage stays constant or still increases over time. If you don't use any function nodes, which could be doing something bad, the charts seem like a probable cause of the leak.

I have several GB of termperature and weather data stored on my Pi with a 64GB SD card. I use MYSQL to store the data as I can then easily access it from another machine. I also run Grafana so that I can graph the data, it's lovely.
Look up how to install mysql-server - remember that you need to change a line in the config if you want external access.
Other than that just install the node-red-contrib-mysql node to save your data

Finally decided to send my Raspi4 1 GB to the graveyard and replace it with a Raspi4 4 GB

No outages, no reboots, 400MB / 4GB mem filled, Swapfile 100% free :slight_smile:

Problem solved !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.