Var in exec nodes

I am having problems passing vars into exec node. I have tried two diffrent ways. One using the vars in the command line of the exec node. I have also tried passing the whole command from a function node using msg.payload.

Where is debug from using vars within the exec node

Command failed: /usr/bin/python /home/zach/youtubeupload.py " --file " + msg.filename + " --privacyStatus unlisted --title " + msg.youtubetitle + " --description " + msg.youtubedesc + "/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Here is the debug from passing command in from the exec function.

TypeError: "file" argument must be a non-empty string

Here is the payload before it is passed into the exec node

/usr/bin/python /home/zach/youtubeupload.py --file /data/SELF/incoming/Between_the_clouds_CCBY_NatureClip.mp4 --privacyStatus unlisted --title testfullname - test-title --description 2020 SouthEast LinuxFest; test-desciption

Is the the flow

[{"id":"b2006bd1.fab5c8","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"8b557df1.407de8","type":"function","z":"b2006bd1.fab5c8","name":"setting youtube var","func":"\nmsg.youtubetitle = \"\"+ msg.FullName +\" - \"+ msg.TalkTitle +\"\";\nmsg.youtubedesc = \"2020 SouthEast LinuxFest; \"+ msg.Talkdescription +\"\";\n\ndelete msg.topic;\ndelete msg.payload;\n\n\nreturn msg;\n\n\n","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":351,"y":254,"wires":[["d3f7cd35.154ad"]]},{"id":"d3f7cd35.154ad","type":"function","z":"b2006bd1.fab5c8","name":"setting youtube cmd","func":"\n\nmsg.payload = \"/usr/bin/python /home/zach/youtubeupload.py --file \" + msg.filename + \" --privacyStatus unlisted --title \" + msg.youtubetitle + \" --description \" + msg.youtubedesc + \"\"\nreturn msg;\n\n\n","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":524,"y":333,"wires":[["436608d3.8f5958"]]},{"id":"436608d3.8f5958","type":"exec","z":"b2006bd1.fab5c8","command":"/usr/bin/python /home/zach/youtubeupload.py","addpay":false,"append":"\" --file \" + msg.filename + \" --privacyStatus unlisted --title \" + msg.youtubetitle + \" --description \" + msg.youtubedesc + \"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"youtubeupload","x":738,"y":245,"wires":[[],[],[]]}]

Well I found the problem
I was missing the check box "append msg.payload" It was my understanding that was for the output, turns out it is for the input.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.