Websocket & cookie

I'm trying to connect to a websocket that requires a session cookie in the header for authentication. Is this on the roadmap for the core websocket, worthy of a feature request in github, or a custom node I have to write based on the core code?

Thanks

Hi - this is not something on the roadmap as this is the first time it has been requested. Happy to entertain a discussion on how such an option could be exposed on the node. It is unlikely to be a feature we'd drop everything to do right now - but with the right design in place, we'd then happily review a pull-request.

Something I can't do right now either - the websocket is wss, and my environment is the homeassistant node-red addon with version 8.x of node.js. This combination gives me EPROTO errors until they update to node.js 10.x.

Will have to spin up a node-red dev environment so I can do some work on it.

Thanks for replying and letting me know the situation.

You might have a look at uibuilder. I tried to add some of this there but it has never really been tested.

@knolleary (and all) It's been a while now And we’ve had some big nodered updates. I'm working on a websocket connection that requires a cookie for authentication as described here.

Can anyone comment whether this is possible now or recommend a node which will help accomplish this? If it's possible, some docs on how to send a cookie to websocket connection would be most appreciated.

I'm struggling hard on the same thing. Can anyone give some advice how to do this? Working for hours now and cannot find a solution...