With dashboard Chart node collect the data and store it

Hello, i have been trying to store chart data on my RPI4, but i havent been able to do so.
i wanna get it in excel or any other handy file, that way the dates and the data is clear to see.

Welcome to the forum @rubeng0182

I think you need to clarify your requirements a bit. Do you mean you want to continuously send the process data to a spreadsheet, or do you want to let it build up in the chart and then press a button to send the current chart to the spreadsheet, or something else?

It might help if you explain what your end goal is. Do you want to produce reports from the data or be able to show historic data on a chart and be able to select a particular time range to look at, or what?

hello @Colin , thanks for responding.

i'm looking for a way to store sensor data from a chart, i think live will be the best option. or like saving every hour.
i want to see the historic data and analyse it on another platform called sibyl, or being able to show and check it our self.

OK, so nothing to do with the dashboard chart then, you just want to collect live data and pass it to your other system.

Pretty much any format of output is possible, so if you first define exactly what you want to generate then I am sure someone will help. You might start by looking at what would be easiest for sybil to pick up. Have you got a link to the information for Sybil? I couldn't find anything obvious. Can it pick up data via MQTT for example?

my idea is to collect the chart data or regular data from the sensor and put it in an spread sheet with time and date for every sensor data point

https://sibylplatform.com/

In that page they say...

We use communication protocols such as MQTT, LoraWAN, Modbus etc to transfer your data from the sensors to the servers.

So why bother with files? Just send the values via MQTT

that sounds like a good idea. whats the best way to the sensor data with a time value. and then sending it through

Learn node-red. Learn mqtt. Read the extensive node-red docs. Do some of the of node-red cookbook examples. Watch the hundreds of videos on node-red + MQTT.

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. It is by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in less than an hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

thank you

How can i convert the data from the dashboard chart to readable data with the time and date.

@Colin @Steve-Mcl

I thought you said you were going to use live data rather than get it from the chart. That is much easier.

In addition if you are sending it via mqtt you don't want readable data you want javascript timestamps and numbers. But if you are sending live data you don't need timestamps at all as the time is Now.

If you don't know about MQTT read this excellent tutorial https://www.hivemq.com/mqtt-essentials/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.