That's, frankly, pretty useless for the most of people. I did it just to satisfy my own vision how perfect smart switch should work
It's almost Sonoff Basic with few functional differences:
- Tiny size, half volume of Sonoff.
- Keep last state and restore it on power failure/restore.
- MQTT ready.
- Firmware OTA.
- Report result of switching of relay (OK or Error, total 8 statuses).
- Report Error if power circuitry to load damaged, good for fused loads.
- Report Error if load is not connected: bulb burnt, for instance.
- Sensitive load status measure: 1W and up load, limited with relay current rating.
In Github repo following topics are covered:
- Hardware design (both electronics and mechanics);
- ESP8266 code;
- Node-RED code example;
- Installation instructions.
As downsides of the project versus Sonoff:
- Higher BOM;
- You can't buy it (although you can build it )
Thoughts for improvement are welcome.