Yf-s201 Water Flow Sensor Node Red Gauge

Hi All, Newbie looking for guidance. I have a flow sensor hooked up to Node Red Gauge and it is communicating but only on or off. How do I make this sensor read litre per hour, where can I include code or calculations. Using Pi 4b Any help greatly appreciated.

I have 4 of these same flow meters. I used to attach them to the UART version of the FLOW circuit produced by Atlas-Scientific, but that was using an Arduino DUE and the sample code on that site. The newest version of the EZO- FLO circuit supports i2c,but it does costs $40, which is a bit of money to spend to read a $10 flow meter.

I have a different flow meter in use at the moment attached to the EZO-FLO i2c circuit. However, in the coming weeks, I will configure the EZO-FLOW i2c circuit for the Yf-s201... I've downloaded the specs for it, but it's on a different computer so I can't provide them to you for a few days... You can search for them yourself .

I'm a big fan of the EZO-FLO i2c circuit because totalization and instantaneous flow using pulse counts is a bit CPU intensive..... With the EZO-FLO circuit you are offloading all of that.... Then you can just have your flow talk to the EZO-FLO using the Node-RED-contrib-i2c node.

This thread here has the flow used (though disabled...but it works when I hook it up).

Thanks for you help. I will have a look.

Here is some information that I can help you with if you want to interface this thing directly to GPIO.

A full product description
A worksheet for resolving pulses/flow
Arduino Sample Code (saved as a pdf file for upload instead of an ino file)

.YF-S201-Description.pdf (77.2 KB) YF-S201.pdf (50.0 KB) YF-S201-ArduinoSampleCode.pdf (70.1 KB)

The arduino code will help you to at least figure out the steps involved in making use of the item. Obviously pin assignments and so forth are all wrong... but again.. treat this arduino code as a psuedo code of sorts so you can figure out how to build a flow..

If you want to go the i2c circuit route using the Atlas-Sci EZO-Flo circuit, you will need the product description and worksheet I posted above.. and then you will need to consult the documentation for the EZO-Flo circuit here:

Atlas-Scientific EZO-Flo product page and documentation

Then of course you can look at my project to see how I implemented the EZO-Flo in my own Flo.

Either way, you definitely have a fair amount of information to help you regardless of which direction you will go in.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.