Accessing CerboGX

I posted on Victron site but no luck with answer. Anyone here have the detail steps to remedy this situation?

I ran a flow accessing NR via vrm on my window11 box connected to my cerbogx. How can I from my w11 laptop correct this message? Thx!!

1. Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.
  • If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials
  1. file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter
  2. your credentials.
  • You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in
  1. your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials
  2. file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.

If you have encrypted node credentials in the file and are worried about possibly losing them, the message tells you what to do about it - edit settings.js.

Do you have access via ssh to edit this file on the CerboGX device?

That's the $64k ?. I don't understand how or if I shouldn't be accessing the cerbo. Should I continue down this path and figure out how to change this file or is there a diff direction I should take?

The relevant section of settings.js says this

/** By default, credentials are encrypted in storage using a generated key. To
     * specify your own secret, set the following property.
     * If you want to disable encryption of credentials, set this property to false.
     * Note: once you set this property, do not change it - doing so will prevent
     * node-red from being able to decrypt your existing credentials and they will be
     * lost.
     */
    //credentialSecret: "a-secret-key",

I never bother to change it, I just ignore the message on Node-red startup. After all it's not an error.

But I presume that if you simply uncommented the credentialSecret line it would somehow use "a-secret-key" and the credentials file would become magically obscure.

Note that if you just ignore it, and your flows_cred.json file is encrypted and stops working somehow, the worst that can happen is that you are forced to delete it and re-enter all the credentials. I am sure you have them all noted down somewhere.