Advise on opening webpage using uibuider

I use the line below to open a uibuilder instance controlcenter from within another instance

if (msg.topic == "control") {window.location.replace("http://192.168.0.103:1880/controlcenter","_self") }

the instance opens the uibuider instance controlcenter but the status of the uibuilder controlcenter says intialised and not connected 1 like normally?

is this the wrong command to do this or is it something else?

has me stumped :slight_smile:

look forward to some help please?

Not something I've tried or tested.

I suspect (but I'm not certain) that it may be related to using the replace function - do you really want that? It means that your browser navigation history isn't updated. Normally you would do window.location.href = '....'.

You may need to turn up logging to find out what is actually happening but it looks like the uibuilder.start function isn't being executed.

ok thanks for that information i will try logging, what is the best way to start logging?

Assuming you are using the new client, you can set the logging level for the front-end, check the tech docs for the new client, it tells you how to change the level.

For the back-end, uibuilder has loads of trace level outputs and you can just change the node-red output log level. I use a custom logging function in my test system, you can set that up in settings.js it can allow you to only look at the trace levels for specific nodes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.