Age node status for debug nodes

Hello,

I like to use the node status of the debug nodes.
However if I watch a flow and there is a switch and on each output a debug node and both outputs are already used earlier it would be good to have the node status vanished after certain time with at least for the debug nodes.
Or even better to have an input field like with the inject to clear the node status. Need to add always an inject button in addition at the moment. Any easier way?

Thanks!

You could use a trigger node to send a blank message after N seconds. Here is an example flow:

[{"id":"6e9b953943096c2f","type":"inject","z":"f4cdc36052e3c33d","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":true,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"hide me soon","payloadType":"str","x":260,"y":120,"wires":[["3fa949deea8898e1"]]},{"id":"9a4e2f327dfa03b1","type":"debug","z":"f4cdc36052e3c33d","name":"debug 14","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","statusVal":"payload","statusType":"auto","x":680,"y":120,"wires":[]},{"id":"3fa949deea8898e1","type":"trigger","z":"f4cdc36052e3c33d","name":"","op1":"","op2":" ","op1type":"pay","op2type":"str","duration":"2","extend":false,"overrideDelay":false,"units":"s","reset":"","bytopic":"all","topic":"topic","outputs":1,"x":440,"y":120,"wires":[["9a4e2f327dfa03b1"]]}]

2 Likes

great idea, similar what I have done so far with an additional empty inject, nevertheless would be great to have this in feature in the debug node. less nodes, more flexible

You might want to change this thread's category to a feature request so that it gets looked at in that light?

good idea, done

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.