Alexa-remote2 nodes issue

This is the error

Error: Package exports for '/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.node-red/node_modules/alexa-remote2/node_modules/uuid' do not define a valid '.' target (line:6)

Might be worth exiting NR - manual npm uninstall node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 - make sure both node_modules/node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 and node_modules/alexa-remote2 have both been removed and then manually npm install node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 and see if you get anywhere?

I have removed and install with no luck. i even remove npm node_modules folders etc.

so i installed
npm install node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2@3.10.1

This worked and allowed me to authorise via proxy first time

That's similiar to what happened to me when I re-installed it last week - it worked again (and it was still on 3.10.1 at that time.

I think it must be a bit of randomness going on with the Amazon authorisation

I notice that the underlying node used as been updated again 2 days ago so I still don't think things are finished yet on this subject

I've been using 3 different nodes to control Alexa (depending on what I wanted to do). I just updated to 3.10.3, hoping to fix the remote2 authorization issue. My other two nodes were working (Alexa-smart-home & Alexa-home) After the update on just the Alexa-remote2 node, now all three nodes aren't functioning.

The error I get withe Alexa-Remote2 is similar to the issue E1cid was getting. When I click on one of the routines, I get a pop-up that says "Cannot GET /alexa-remote-routines.json" or "Cannot GET /alexa-remote-devices.json". node-red also say's "This node is a type unknown to your installation of Node-Red". There are no options to add or update the account information to even get to the next page where it can deny my password.

That sounds similar to my error, i suggest uninstalling the node. Then go in to the .node-red folder and remove the alexa-remote2 folder in the node_modules folder. Then via command line navigate to .node-red folder and npm install

npm install node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2@3.10.1

JFI -I just tried re-installing on a Pi
Start condition - NR palette manager says not installed and I had no node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 folder and no alexa-remote2 folder

installed via palette - it installed 3.10.1 ! (According to the little I know - I'm thinking maybe my package-lock.json has something to do with that? - but just guessing)

Anyway - I updated to 3.10.3 via palette manger - configured it like this

(I made sure I used a new file to hold the cookie)

All works fine
[edit] Just for my own piece of mind - I uninstalled it again - checked folders and alexa-remote2 was still there (node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 wasn't) - npm uninstalled it - checked package.json and package-lock.json - no mention of it - so re-isntalled node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 and it installed v 3.10.3 this time

[/edit]

Anyone got a firestick basic to work with this palete?

Could you ask your question in a new thread please? :slight_smile:

Sure thing!

Anyone else having issues all of a sudden with the cookie generation?

I saw someone had raised an issue on Github yesterday

My setup has carried on working - did your fails or were you setting a new instance up

Just stopped on existing install
Node keeps asking to open ip:3456
When i do, it logs in correctly and tells me cookie is generated but i get 'unexpected end to json' error