Node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 and node red not configuring

Hi,

The node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 is just about the only node out there at the moment to easily control alexa and meke alexa speak among other things. If anyone knows of alternative please share.

This may (or may not) be helpful, if you are having problems with trying to configure the alexa remote2 node and getting it to work.

I tried to setup remote2 again today (node was working using proxy method before), as I have change the password in alexa, but at login it just displays "invalid email address" and the node no longer work as it cant login to alexa account using proxy method.

Finally, after long search on the internet, using the "proxy" method to configure the node may not work anymore (apparently alexa had changed "something" recently).

Below is a workaround to get it working again:

Workaround using cookie to configure tested ok (17jul20):
Using cookie method to configure node works, but is not explicitly stated in the node's guidelines on how to do this, and no reference on how to get the cookie.
I finally managed to get the node working again using this link to get the cookie (note: I cannot make sense using chrome method, but manage to use firefox to get the cookie): https://github.com/586837r/node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2/blob/master/get_cookie.md

Anyone else having this problem?

Cheers,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.