Node red contrib-alexa-remote2

Hi everyone, I'm using the contrib-alexa-remote2 on device activity node.
I logged in to the relevant page during the deployment phase and saved the cookies in my PI the only thing is that when I try to call an echo device in my home the status does not change from listening to event driven, how can I fix ?

Seems the cakebake is over a year with out upodate and several issues raised on device activity on github.

Try changing to remote2 applestrudel, updated 3 months ago and device activity is working fine for me.

yes sorry i meant i installed : node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 giving me that problem

Again try node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel
As node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 is 3 years almost without update and over 100 issues raised and not fixed.

1 Like

I removed the previous one and installed the one you recommended but the problem persists

now when i enter my amazon and otp credentials i get this error.

and inside node red i get this error:

Problem does not persist, it is a different issue.

How are you setting password in the config?

Also delete any saved cookies/files etc

try using localhost or the machine ip address not test.local
are you geeting the prompt to open ...:3456 in browser?:

same error

open browser with
ip_or_localhost:3456
and show us the page.

did you delete the old cookie file?

yes, however now it works i restarted node red.
thx :slight_smile:

I'm sorry I have a question, how do I make my echodot wait for an answer?
example:

(speak routine) what is 2+2 ?
(echodot) "waits for an answer"
(user) 4
(spek routine) Correct!

That is not really possible with Alexa Remote 2. You would have to create you own skill for this.
The nearest you could get would be this approach - but interactive tasks like this would be very difficult.

1 Like

thank you very much for the answer, yes I was able to create the skill and it works correctly but I needed it that node red did it :smiling_face_with_tear:

Is it possible to use the skill id on another amazon account?

Yes you should be able to have two alexa configs, so possible to have one node for each account.

Maybe you can share how for others.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.