All nearly hour a restart ... any idea

Hi together,

i have a problem with node-red news version, but also in the privios version.

i found this in the longs ... but i am not really understand this to try a solve.

So i hope one of your guys can give me a tip?

21 Feb 18:04:19 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
21 Feb 18:04:19 - TypeError: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined
    at HAPNodeJSClient._reconnectServer (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/hap-node-client/HAPNodeJSClient.js:301:39)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/hap-node-client/lib/eventedHttpClient.js:90:24)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:327:22)
    at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)
nodered.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
nodered.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
nodered.service: Service RestartSec=20s expired, scheduling restart.

i know it has been a problem with HAP ... but witch?

thanx for any help ...

The module hap-node-client is generating an exception, which whatever is using it should be catching. It appears to be something to do with homekit so if you are using one of those nodes that that is probably where the problem lies. It is a bug in that node.

However the thing causing it to happen is probably that you are sending it something invalid. So you should submit a bug report against the node red node and then look carefully at what you are sending it.

1 Like

Thanx,

i try do deactivate some of my HomeKit nodes ...

i use RedMatic-homekit ... while moving from a CCU ( Homematic) to an "normal" Node-red installation.

The setup ist running many month there without any problems.

And i using Homebridge on the same Raspi, while reading the Homebridge-Homekit Elements.

So is there a way to "find" the Node, who make this trouble? Or only try an error testing?

In a terminal run
npm list hap-node-client
And with luck it will show you which node installed it as a dependency. Also look at hap-node-client on GitHub and see if that gives you a clue. Look at it on npmjs.com to find the GitHub repo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.