Android Client node-red

@Acerot , that's sound good ! does someone can do a "Share your project" to see in real life ?

What about RedMobile?
Is the use different?

Thank you for the hint. This was exactly what I was looking for!

Do somebody know an app for iOS doing a similar thing. I have some unused old iPads which I like to recycle as wall panels too. Currently I'm using a "sponsored" fire 7 for 38ā‚¬ and it woks quite nicely as a wall panel. I only don`t know if I relay trust amazon or google ...

As I see it RedNode runs node-red runtime on android where wallpanel is a "kiosk" browser to display the dashboard (or any other web frontend) on an android tablet (or phone).full screen on startup , mqtt controlled and with movement detection and other cute features.

1 Like

It is impossible I'm afraid since Apple don't allow it. It works on Android because underneath the skin Android is Linux (or close enough).

This is always a problem once you move outside your own domain. Many of the options for reasonably safely exposing Node-RED to the outside world also require you to put trust in 3rd-parties along the way. Only you can assess the risk and whether it is low enough to you and other loved-ones.

Personally, I use a mix. Dashboards are generally used locally with Telegram for a simple command or conversational interface remotely or locally. Occasionally I play with other clients like Home Remote but they rarely seem worth the effort to me - though plenty of other people use them really well.

i made a port node-red for ios, search 'Node-PAD' in the app store

I think that you've managed to slip under the radar of the Apple app review process since I think that this probably is against their terms and conditions?

Does it use node.js?

yup :slight_smile: i been writing ios apps since the inception of iphone 4,i think i had a good enough understanding of how an app should work to pass the review process. I had apps that have been rejected dozen of times before and its a learning process. You can actually do whatever you want as long as it is within their guidelines. Aside from it, the review in this one was longer than usual.

I found this Android App that works well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.mivazlin.onepagewebbrowser&hl=en_US&gl=US

Are thoose closed? Iā€™m looking on apps but not exist.

The link provided in the above post is still working. If you can't find it in the store, download the app from the link.

Not sure why you would want it though? Can't you simply open the Editor in your mobile browser and then add to home screen - to get the same result without some 3rd-party app of uncertain reliability and security?

No privacy statement, not updated since 2019. Also, Play store say's it isn't available for any of my devices, not sure why. I also appears to need in-app purchases but doesnt' explain why.

Personally speaking, there is no way I'd put that on one of my devices.

Try this:

I see that has not been updated for three years, which is a long time in the mobile and node-red environment.
It says it cannot be installed on any of my mobile devices.

Try and find the apk file and manually install... I am using on my Samsung N20 which is fairly current as well as some real oldies as well... Been using it for around 3? 4? years or so and found it has helped immensely...

Not sure why you would want to take that risk?

Been using it for years on a closed network, no problems found so far, stable as well... So as to the risk, as long as its on a reasonably secure network, they seem minimal if not nonexistent...

Just a note for other people seeing this thread.

It is generally not safe to install Android apps outside the Google store (and not always from inside the store either!). And while a specific apk might be safe, that doesn't mean that an update will be.

Extreme caution is recommended. The use of additional security software on Android is pretty mandatory I'm afraid. Many manufacturers include such software and Samsung are often one of the better manufacturers in that regard.

Again though, I'd be interested in understanding what benefit the app gives over simply setting the Editor as a homescreen app?

Agreed, it used to be on the play store, as to why it doesn't present itself readily anymore I am unsure..

As to the reason for using it, on the older, lower grunt phones and tablets, the horsepower to run the ui from a browser was just a bit much and things got top heavy and slow... This little app seems to have lower overheads and is quite a bit quicker... Also, the advantage of having an auto logon works well for a closed enviro, albeit frowned upon in general...

The long and the short of it is... I find it useful, I haven't found it damaging, it suits my needs...

As with all apps, if u find it useful and safe in your enviro, no problem... If u think it might open a vulnerability, test it to be sure... If the vulnerability exists, dump it and move on...

Regds
Ed

Edit... Just searched the play store.. Search for "Node-RED Client Editor"

1 Like

Found another one that may be of use... "Fully Kiosk Browser" ...

I have also used this one in the past, but stopped using it due to the previous one I mentioned being a little quicker... As luck would have it, I ran into a glitch on the NR Client Editor today and haven't had a chance to sort it out.... (No security issues etc, it was an unscheduled rapid disassembly of a circuit breaker that caused a bit of havoc)

Anyways, flipped across to fully kiosk browser and am using it on my device in the interim until I get a chance to sort out my old favorite ....

Here's a link if anybody is interested:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=fully+kiosk+browser&c=apps

Again, as @TotallyInformation has mentioned, take care with apps, they could introduce nasties....

Cheers
Ed