[Announce] Dashboard Version 2.16.0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Something rather odd is going on. This is in Waterfox, it appears to be ok with Chrome and Firefox. I have cleared the cache and it still shows the problem. If I look in the developer console I can see that it is attempting to get http://localhost:1880/ui/components/ui-component/templates/spacer.html and that fails. However, if I select Disable cache on the Network tab in the developer tools and reload then it does not try to get spacer.html and the display is correct. When I deselect Disable cache then it fails again. Very odd.

So it is cached then

Something is cached, apparently, but it won't clear. Is spacer.html no longer used, but is being pulled in by one of the cached files?

Ah, found it. In the dialog for clearing history there is an option to clear the cache, which I had selected, but there is another for clearing Offline Website Data, which I had not selected. Selecting that has fixed it. Quite what the difference between the cache and offline data is I am not sure. Anyway, all working now, sorry about the red herring.

2 Likes

Have you tried to let Waterfox clear everything that’s part of the site data? Last night someone on a different slack workspace mentioned that following the Firefox instructions for it worked: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/storage

Edit: our messages intercepted, that was exactly the option I meant, site preferences and offline data. Checking those will also delete things like localStorage and cache from service workers.

1 Like

And added 2.16.1 with a few small fixes

2.16.1: Maintenance Release

Fixes

• Fix toast to show border correctly and better timing. Issue #525
  • Stop colour picker sending on page refresh. Issue #514
  • Fix layout tool group locations. PR #526
  • Fix slider not sending if past end of widget.
2 Likes

I guess the most annoying part that I found, personally, while working on customized templates in the dashboard is that it uses an old client-side techno (old version of angular and material design). Plus, MD is quite cumbersome and hard to master, so I was wondering if there is any plan to move to a more recent client framework ?

Hi Mathieu (@T0T4R4), see this discussion

Now released 2.16.2 - with a couple of minor fixes

2.16.2: Maintenance Release

Enhancements

• Ui-control can be set to only report connect events, or change tab events.

Fixes

• Stop slider sending twice (after fixing endstop issue). Issue #527
  • Fix Theme colour swatch size.

That version of the dashboard is only for node-red 1.x+ ?

No what makes you think it is?

1 Like

Hi Bart,

I went on the page, looked at the height of the scroll handle, closed the page. :smiley:
Too long...

But I could pick that bootstrap was dropped (?!?) and jQuery-UI was adopted , two choices that I would have never expected.... :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That concerns me a bit that my whole dashboard would have to be re-built if I was to move to N-R v1.x, :expressionless:

I am not sure about the compatibilty of plugins with the move to N-R 1.x ?

Which plugins are broken ? The dashboard doesn’t use bootstrap afaik so being removed from core should not be a problem.

None are broken, I meant that I don't know if plugins are supposed to work as-is for v1.x ?

Ok for the dashboard, I didn't know this either. I thought it was. So is the new version still running on the old Material Design and Angular ?

Yes nothing fundamental has changed as regards node-red-dashboard.

1 Like

What documentation would you recommend for MD and Angular ?

https://material.angular.io/ shows the following versions :

or is it that super old one based on Angular 1.x
https://material.angularjs.org/1.1.12/

Also I'm confused of the differences between those three choices :
I've picked up the last one, but flipped a coin pretty much...

Note that I have experience with coding in Angular. But I'm just not sure of the simpliest of these three approaches...

Also I'm using mostly -only- the ui-template node (cos web developer, you know :stuck_out_tongue: )

We use angular material library and angular 1.
Those 3 options are for where the dashboard defined theme applies. Either everywhere or nowhere (angular theme everywhere) or everywhere except inside template (angular theme inside template). As it is easier to override the angular one if you need to inside a template

Thanks ! As soon as I restart NR, the theme is reset from 'dark' to 'light', is it normal ?

Node-RED Dashboard 2.16.3

Enhancements

• If template has height -1 then set it to 0 height (test for custom templates).
  • Add wrap value feature to numeric node.

Fixes

• Ensure widgets handle undefined msg parts for labels etc.
  • Fix scrollbar theming inside template.
  • Ensure msg.topic really doesn't exist if not specified, for all ui nodes. Was PR #531
  • Backlevel less package to fix IE11 loading, Issue #530
3 Likes