Last week there was a request for a new node:
Had some chit chat with @lizzardguki behind the scenes meanwhile, and a beta version is now available on Github:
You can install it directly from my Github account like this:
npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-plate-recognizer
Some good to knows:
- You can very easily get started: sign up at their homepage, and paste your token into my config screen. That is all ...
- This new node uses deep learning behind the scenes. That you can 'learn' a piece of software to recognize something, really keeps fascinating me...
- They offer a free license up to 2500 images per month, which is quite well for hobbyist IOT users.
- The service can also be installed locally (via their SDK) on a number of platforms, like e.g. Raspberry.
- They offer a Docker container, so you should be able to run it locally without having installation headache...
I have added a demo on my readme page, which should get you up and running very easily:
As always, all 'constuctive' feedback is more than welcome!
Have fun with it!