[ANNOUNCE] node-red-contrib-ui-multistate-switch: v1.1.0 beta

Hi folks,

@hotNipi and I are very pleased to announce the 1.1.0 beta version of the node-red-contrib-ui-multistate-switch node, which contains the following new features:

1. It is possible on the config screen to choose between theme colors and custom colors per option:

Which will look like this:

multi_switch_color_demo

2. Because @Paul-Reed didn't keep his promise to stop discussing ( :rofl: ), it is now also possible to switch the node appearance easily without CSS:

P.S. There are still some other discussions going on (here and here). We will try to keep an eye on both discussions, but let us know if we have forgotten about it due to our limited time!

As always, 'constructive' feedback is very welcome!

P.S. Since this version is not on NPM yet, you can install it from my Github repo by executing following command in your .node-red folder:

npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-ui-multistate-switch

Have fun with it!
hotNipi and Bart

7 Likes

Nice work guys :+1:

1 Like

Looks good. Are those colour picker boxes large enough to be Safari friendly ?

We need to hear it from Safari users. (with images if possible)

Nice gentlemen... looks very good.

Bart, the flow library is still showing v1.0.0 - I was going to test in Safari but.....

Hey Paul,
That is because this is a beta version. I had forgotten to add the installation command. I have added it now above in the announcement...

Swatch all good in safari (finally they actually use colours rather than hex :slight_smile:
But in both Chrome and Safari the text doesn't quite line up when using defaults...

or rather the slider and outline both seem too far down as the text (just about) lines up with the label.

Finally when use them colours is selected it would be nice to hide the colour pickers - or make them default to the theme colour...

In Windows world with any browser it lines up.

I think I know the reason but how the hell I can figure out the solution if I cant see it :sunglasses:
Damn I need at least one of such devices ...

Also it does turn off color option for options in list if theme color is checked .... Again why it can't do it for mac ??? hmmm...

Are we all in sync with the repo ?

There is no commits since beta announced ..

Is the title of this thread correct as it says...multipart-switch ???
I thought it was called... multistate-switch.

Thank you :slight_smile: Fixed

Blind man tries to fix text alignment issues for mac. :slight_smile:

What would you think if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

Here is my lucky guess how to fix it. (The ui_template to just adjust some bits).
If it does the trick - lucky day :upside_down_face:
If not ... :thinking:

[{"id":"1ce1c763.9a0e29","type":"ui_template","z":"7a66351.6178ecc","group":"56c0ae85.413d3","name":"multistate-switch-text-align","order":10,"width":0,"height":0,"format":"<style id=\"multistate-switch-text-align\">\n\n.multistate-switch-button{\n    line-height:1.4em;\n}\n.multistate-switch-label {\n    line-height:1.4em;\n}\n\n</style>","storeOutMessages":true,"fwdInMessages":true,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"global","x":450,"y":540,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"56c0ae85.413d3","type":"ui_group","name":"Default","tab":"b935cb70.f94a78","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"b935cb70.f94a78","type":"ui_tab","name":"Home","icon":"dashboard","disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

Well you should be able to see this :slight_smile: the basic alignment is to the top not in the middle... compared to other widgets.

Oh, yes, that would be simple fix. One missing margin

But that does not change anything about the text vertical align against the widget content .. with the mac.
That's why I asked for test if the line height adjustment (what is in that ui_template in my previous post) helps or not.

Hi sorry - yes - much better -

1 Like

You saved my day :slight_smile: Thank you!
Alignment issues fixed in master.

Damn, I made that mistake because I have also two other node-red-contrib-multipart-... nodes.
Thanks for the reminder!

A new feature has been added, based on a feature request from a guy called @BartButenaers:

Which results in this behaviour:

1 Like