The included nodes make it possible to bootstrap a (nearly) complete voice command application with nodered and voice2json on a linux device. This is possible for a lot of languages as voice2json integrates them with easily downloadable profiles.
- wait-wake, a node to listen to a stream of raw audio buffers to detect a wake word with the precise wake word listener that is integrated in voice2json
- record-command, a node that records a speech command from a stream of raw audio buffers and detects when it was finished speaking and only emits the speech part of the recording as a wav buffer using webrtc vad
- stt (speech to text), a node that transcribes audio commands to text on the basis of sentences and rules defined in a simplified jsgf grammar in the nodes config node.
- tti (text to intent), a node to parse text and use a basic form of nlu to find the intent and entities also defined in the sentences in the nodes config
- training, a node to train a voice2json language profile with the sentences from the nodes config
Here it is in action:
We wrote a little bit of documentation to get the ones brave enough to try it started which you can find in our readme. For further reading on the inner workings i highly recommend you have a look at this whitepaper about the project by the voice2json developer.
I hope some of you will find this suite of nodes useful and can help us find all the little bugs in it that still need to be fixed.
Best regards from @BartButenaers and me