[Announce] node-red-contrib-pico2wave (beta)

This is a very barebones and simple node to utilize the pico2wave commandline tool easily from nodered. It does exactly one thing :upside_down_face:. The node converts an input string to spoken audio in the chosen language with svox pico tts. You can choose from english, french, german, italian and spanish. You can configure the node to either output a single wav buffer or write the audio to a wav file. You can find the node here:

Thats it :smile::

Johannes

3 Likes

Version 0.0.2

• added typedInput for both input and output (so the stt text now can also come from a flow, a global variable or a string and the result can be put out to any msg property)
  • cleaned up the menu of the node and added icons

cd ~/.node-red
npm install johanneskropf/node-red-contrib-pico2wave
npm ERR! enoent Error while executing:
npm ERR! enoent undefined ls-remote -h -t ssh://git@github.com/johanneskropf/node-red-contrib-pico2wave.git
npm ERR! enoent

Hello @stefan24, Have you got git installed? Because i think you need that to install directly from a repository with npm :thinking:

You are right! This is my test Node-RED (running on a Raspi 4) just installed today for voice2json, so I decided to install this node, too.
After installing git (nothing else despite the dependencies) it throws these errors:

gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:275:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.19.118-v7l+
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/utf-8-validate
gyp ERR! node -v v12.18.2
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok

and some warnings, but the node works now. Thank you!

1 Like

hmm don’t think those errors have anything to do with my nodes. At least i haven’t seen them before but i am not nom expert by any stretch of the imagination :see_no_evil::joy: and im still quite new to the whole nodered node development thing :innocent:

1 Like

Install sometimes give errors along the way, but provided at the end it shows that it has installed ok (it will show the node name and the version) then it is nothing to worry about.

1 Like

though it is odd that you have npm v5 ... the install script should get you to npm v6

pi@voice-red:~ $ npm --version

sorry - I'm losing it... I read the node-gyp line as npm for some reason...

Though there must be some more to that error log either before or after.

not really.

Since the node is working, I do not need to resolve the errors, but if you wish: I just installed flogger and get the same errors again:

[...]
../src/validation.cc:62:5: note: here
     case 1: if (*source >= 0x80 && *source < 0xC2) return 0;
     ^~~~
make: *** [validation.target.mk:110: Release/obj.target/validation/src/validation.o] Fehler 1
make: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/utf-8-validate/build“ wird verlassen
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:275:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.19.118-v7l+
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/utf-8-validate
gyp ERR! node -v v12.18.2
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok
npm WARN node-red-contrib-ui-led@0.3.1 requires a peer of node-red-dashboard@2.14.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN node-red-project@0.0.1 No repository field.
npm WARN node-red-project@0.0.1 No license field.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: bufferutil@1.2.1 (node_modules/bufferutil):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: bufferutil@1.2.1 install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: utf-8-validate@1.2.2 (node_modules/utf-8-validate):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: utf-8-validate@1.2.2 install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1

+ node-red-contrib-flogger@1.2.2
added 3 packages from 3 contributors and audited 414 packages in 14.72s

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.