[Announce] node-red-contrib-voice2json (beta)

Version 0.6.0

• number of small fixes
  • added a transcribe-stream node (@sepia-assistant):
    • This is in principle a wrapper around the voice2josn transcribe-stream functionality that was introduced in recent versions and is a combination of record-command and stt
    • The transcription is started as soon as raw audio starts arriving. Due to the fact that the transcription happens while the input is still running this gives even on hardware like a raspberry pi nearly instantaneous results.
    • for this too work you need either latest deb package or docker container as there where some bugs in the previous versions of voice2josn that will prevent this node from working.
    • The node will only work with raw audio from a microphone same as the record command node. (So the Stt node is still the way to go if you receive your audio from any other source like for example a phone)
    • the usage is described in the info tab of the node but its not in the readme in the repository yet.
  • The suite of nodes now has proper version numbers in the package json so i don’t know if an update straight from the repository will work as the version now is effectively below the one that you have installed if you installed previously. So if it doesn’t show 0.6.0 after an npm update uninstall the node and reinstall it.

As always I look forward to your feedback and I will try to give the readme some love next week but unfortunately I have been a bit short on time the past weeks.

Johannes

3 Likes