[ANNOUNCE] pushover node with image support

Hey Everyone,

I've been chatting with @dceejay in the General discussion about adding image support to the standard NR Pushover node.

I've prepared and published an experimental version that supports image attachments on my github page. It includes instructions for installing it, and removing it without disrupting your existing flows. Of course, you should always backup just in case. :wink:

You can attach an image to your msg by providing a path to an image file, or supplying the image as a Buffer object. The buffer can be base64 encoded or binary - the node will sort it out.

If you are interested in having image support, you can install this version and it will work with all your existing nodes. Removing it as per the instructions will replace it with the standard node-red version.

I'm using it with my Foscam cameras to send a screenshot when motion is detected. So far, working very well. :+1:

Any issues, please report them on the github issues page.

The reason I'm putting this out to the community for testing and feedback is that there are no existing test scripts for the pushover node. It appears to be one created early in node-red's lifetime. So I'm putting it out this way first for community testing before issuing a PR.

If there aren't any issues, then I'll submit a PR to the node-red-nodes repository for inclusion in a future NR release.

Damo.

Hi All,

Just a quick follow up to this post to advise the image support has been merged into the official node red pushover node.

If you installed the experimental version, there are instructions for its removal and replacement with the official version.

Damo.

Thanks for adding this - works for my cheerlights pushover feed to my phone :slight_smile: