Assistance with image formatting, please?

Hey all,
I'm using Pushover.net for push notifications and it's working very well (reliable, fast and very inexpensive).
The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to include an image in the notification. I spoke to the developer and he sent me this below, but I have no idea how to convert an image (the output from FFMPEG IP camera RTSP frame grab (or that same image as base64)) into "multipart/form-data".

When sending an image, the HTTP payload has to be sent with a Content-Type of multipart/form-data. Some HTTP libraries don't support this but the popular ones like curl do:

Pushover: API

Would someone be able to let me know what I might need to do to 'translate' this, please?

All the best,
Dax.

Are you using the node-red-node-pushover node ? You should be able to attach the image as a buffer as msg.attachment - use a base64 node to convert the base64 to a buffer and then a change node to move that buffer to msg.attachment.

1 Like

I'm grabbing the picture from the RSTP stream and save it to disk.
After that it's attached to Pushover with msg.image with the help of a change node

1 Like

Are you using the node-red-node-pushover node ?
Hey @dceejay, I am indeed, good sir. Thank you, I'll give that a try right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @edje11, thanks again for your reply. I finally managed to get everything working, but that revealed a little mistake in the solution you proposed.
msg.image should actually be msg.attachment and once I realised that, I had everything working. (yay!)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.