This is weird. I have done the following test:
- Installed my contribution from my Github repository, to make sure I have the same version as you.
- Tried both your examples and it works fine here...
No clue what is going wrong. I had yesterday also a few issues after I changed the structure of the json blocks (since the workspace kept some info from the original structure). Could you please do the following:
- Refresh your browser window
- Remove the Blockly node from your flow
- Add a new Blockly node for your test.
P.S. Good proposal to have a 'send msg' block without msg input, since that would be lot of easier to use. That is the kind of feedback I was hoping for ... But as Julian already mentioned you sometimes need to specify which message you want to send. For example when you want to resend every input message 5 times:
In this case it is best practice to clone the input message, before sending it. Otherwise the next node in the flow would receive 5 times the same message, which will result in conflicts when that node starts editing the content of every message ...