On my readme page you can find an explanation, and an animated gif that shows the drag-and-drop editor in action!
It can be installed directly from my github account (since it is not published on NPM yet):
npm install bartbutenaers/node-red-contrib-blockly
Would be great to get 'constructive' feedback about lots of stuff:
- Is the documentation clear, especially for users that are not very experienced with programming.
- I have created a number of custom blocks, to provide access to the Node-Red function node API. Did I forget to implement some available Node-Red functionality?
- Would appreciate if somebody could do some testing. I have already spend so much time on this contribution, that I wake up in the middle of night, screaming and being hunted by millions of Blockly blocks ...
- Issues can be registered here, or in my Github repository.
- When closing the node's config screen ('Done' button) a TypeError occurs in the browser console:
This is not blocking but inconvenient... Does anybody know if this is Node-Red coding, or Blockly coding. Not clear to me at the moment how to solve this.
- There is a language dropdown, but currently only English is supported yet in my node!
This code works fine! However the timer should also be cleared automatically (I assume or not ???) when a new input message arrives or at a deploy or ... Does anybody has some thoughts about how to handle this? Was thinking about appending all the timers to an array, and cleaning automatically all the timers in the array. All help is appreciated!
- A custom block has been added to get some information about the node (i.e.
node.name). However that will only work from Node-Red version 0.19 and above. Should I get somehow the Node-Red version and hide those options if not available yet?
- Others ... ???
Have fun with it !!