During setup of two NR instances I've found an issue in the node-red-pi script. Here is what I've done so far to run 2 NR instances on one Raspi.
- I copied and renamed the service files like nodered1 and nodered2
- Set the arguments for different settings and userdir in the service files
- I copied and renamed the node-red-start / stop to call the right service files
- I got my 2 instances, but with the same process name
- Then I tried to set the --title argument in the service files as well to get different process names. But that
doesn't work I always got nodered as the process name.
- I then figured out that the --title argument is not taken in the node-red-pi script and therefore not set as
argument for red.js script where the process name is set.
- After setting --title as well in the node-red-pi script everything was fine and each instance has its own name.
So may be this could be a small enhancement to the node-re-pi script. But I don't have enough knowledge in this area to finally say this is the correct way to run multiple instances of NR.