Attempting to install "firebase" NPM package in function node

I'm attempting to install the firebase package in a function node in my FlowFuse instance (the existing node-red-contrib-firebase palette is too old), but I'm getting the following error message:

I've done some research on the npm WARN config production Use --omit=dev instead error message, and have tried setting NPM_CONFIG_PRODUCTION=true as a potential fix.

Has anyone tried using this package or found a solution to a similar error message?

Before the DIY route, did you check out any of the other firebase nodes?

there are ~17 nodes shoring up for a firebase search some of them updated only 2 weeks ago.

regarding your issue, where is your FlowFuse instance running (cloud, own installation, other?) and are you using the localfs/dockerk8s driver?

I did look through the other node options for firebase. Unfortunately, they're either too specific for realtime database, firestore, messaging, etc, or just too old.

Our FlowFuse instance is running in the cloud, and we're not using any drivers.

Ok, thanks.

I did try installing that myself and it failed on cloud (potentially it (or a dependency) has a compilation step)

I also installed locally (on an application device) and it did install however it seems to have no usable exports so is entirely unusable as is.

Which of the firestore nodes did you consider using (but was too old)? Perhaps the author would be willing to update them?

Bummer - I appreciate you attempting to install and use it, though!

Given that the firebase team has made so many changes over time, I didn't really consider anything older than a year. I can go back and look closer to see what capabilities they have.

This node : node-red-contrib-firebase-realtime-database (node) - Node-RED

Is by a dear member who I am involved with in various communities.

@gogovega -Your welcome :wink:

(and getting you back for the ZWave plugs/pings :grinning: )

1 Like