Audio out on iOS (update?)

Hi everyone.Right now I am working on a fairly complex flow which, in a very general way, depending on two variables sent by a device, an audio file hosted in a web server is played in the dashboard. I am using the HTTP request and audio out nodes for this purpose. As you probably guessed, it works really well on a Mac or Windows computer, and even on Android (although with some noise when playing the files), but there is no audio out in iOS due to restrictions on Webkit.

Apparently audio only plays in iOS if it's user-initiated, so I tried using a button to play audio, but I still can't hear anything on the iPhone. Ive found some workarounds like here or this here but I am not sure how to integrate them into my flow (maybe through an iframe?)

This has been discussed already in some older posts in this forum. However, the latest posts are at least 2 or 3 years old... I was wondering if anyone has been able to find a workaround to play audio (or autoplay) in iOS?

Would something like a Telegram bot do the trick? I know it supports audio but I don't know if it will auto-play.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I was clear. I am trying to play audio on iOS web browsers like Safari or Firefox when a user logins to the dashboard from their mobile. I think using Telegram would add complexity to the project.

Given that Apple specifically block auto-playing of audio in Safari - I would suggest you are already into the territory called "complex" :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.