AWS not accepting to send to address like mysite.com:8443/topic

I have set up server on DigitalOcean with LAMP and running Node-Red succefully. Also set up Letsencrypt certicates, and I am able to post data form my desktop Postman to the address on the topicline. :grinning:

• However, trying to POST data from AWS IoT I receive a note that the certificate cannot be trusted.
  • I have tried to establish the AWS connection to address mysite.com/topic/subtopic and here there is no problem from the AWS side.
  • same issue with Sigfox callbacks - sigfow server will not send to an adress with any portnumber but would send if the address in the alternate form.
    MY QUESTION: Can I configure Note-Red to respond to post (or get) messages of the form /topic/subtopic - INSTEAD to using the :PORT ???

Hi, I gave up on this, created a nodejs-express application for the task instead.

Yes, if you start node-red with -p switch and set the port to 80 or 443

Alternatively, put something in front of node-red like haproxy or nginx In front of it and proxy the port to 1880

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.