Best practice for ui_switch

I have tenths of ui_switches in my Dashboard, controlled by mqtt (the switch is set as "Switch icon shows state of the input"), schematically represented by this flow:

Now, when I need to restart NR, all the ui_switches go into an undetermined state, so in order to get the state of the switch I am modifying those flows with this one (saving a flow variable):

Is this the best practice? With this modified flow, each time I start the Dashboard I have a peak of CPU consumption .

There are a few ways to do this, you could have an inject node set to trigger once at startup instead of ui_control, since the ui_conrol may be triggering when not needed eg change tab etc.

Or you could set the mqtt in messages to be retained so they get re-sent when when NR restarts.

But do you really need to restart NR that often ? Have you tried only deploying changed nodes ?

Indeed, I don't need to restart so often. But when it happens, I lose the status of too many devices...I have tried with the inject node to trigger at startup, but it seems not always working.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.