BigTimer does not turn off at Sunday midnight

This is to confirm that setting off time to 23:45 with a 14 minute offset works fine. On the other hand, 23:45+15 minute offset, that is midnight, doesn't, supposing the following day has no schedule set.

@scargill would an option be to provide 24:00 in the time selection which the node would then interpret as the end of the day rather than the start of the day? If it were an extra entry then hopefully it could be coded so as not to break backwards compatibility.

1 Like

Have you looked at the cron-plus node to see whether that would be a better fit for your requirements? I don't know if it does the special days though.

No, I haven't, but I can live with this.

First, 23:59 or 00:00 does almost the same for a lamp. I doubt the customer would even recognize the difference.

Second, I can add an extra 1 minute delay to a 23:59 timer to get midnight exactly.

Of course, a 24:00 or midnight option would be convenient for these cases.

@Colin @scargill Thanks for your suggestions, the flow is working fine now. The midnight option would be appreciated, but not vital. BR, Z

Hi

Firstly the home of Bigtimer is https://tech.scargill.net/Bigtimer not here... So anyone looking for answers from me should generally look there.. secondly.. in hours and minutes of the day the start is 00:00, the end is 23:59 not midnight. Hopefully that clarifies things.

1 Like

What is 24:00 then?
I supposed pedantically perhaps that doesn't exist, and the last moment of the day is 23:59.99999999 recurring. But since the time interval between that 24:00 is infinitely small the matter is certainly debatable. However, whatever the truth is in a mathematical sense that is no reason that the node could not allow the input of the the value 24:00 and treat it as intuition would expect.

Well Colin - assuming you are right and there is no reason not to have this - and as the full source to BigTimer comes with BigTimer itself, a mere single JS file and a single html file - if you add this feature, perhaps you'd like to share this after testing so it can be incorporated back into the main code. Of course, the end of the day is .99999xxx of a second off 24 hours - but to avoid BigTimer taking up significant resources it is only checked once per minute so that should make modification easy :slight_smile:

I look forward to seeing the result over at https://tech.scargill.net/bigtimer

I don't see a github repo that I can fork. Is it on gitlab or somewhere else?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.