Blitzortung.org flow for thunderstorms

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if anyone is using info from blitzortung.org to implement a flow in Node Red.
I know that Home Assistant have a integration for this, but I don't use HA.
I need that info, to disconnect all my electronics, if a thunderstorm is coming in my direction.

All the best,

Tete

The data comes from a websocket, this is an example flow:

[{"id":"e4a27c16.8dd97","type":"websocket in","z":"434e4690.4bcfb","name":"","server":"","client":"bea4993f.85f4d8","x":351,"y":624,"wires":[["31eef58d.b7ec0a"]],"l":false},{"id":"31eef58d.b7ec0a","type":"debug","z":"434e4690.4bcfb","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":399,"y":624,"wires":[],"l":false},{"id":"bea4993f.85f4d8","type":"websocket-client","path":"wss://ws8.blitzortung.org:3000/","tls":"","wholemsg":"false"}]

Thanks for that!
How can I restrict this info to my coordinates?

All the best,

Tete

As we are not here to create your flows, but hope that you can adjust it for your personal needs.

Looking at the objects coming in, it appears that the main object has a lon/lat based on a certain radius, in the array of objects the signals are within that radius.

So I would look at your own lon/lat data and use a switch node to filter if it falls within that range, if yes, then you can further filter on the local data.

Thanks, you just point in the right direction!

If i look a bit further on that website, you can lookup the station(s) that are nearby your area, then you can filter for the station directly, saves some trouble filtering with lon/lat.

And the flow is the same for the stations?
Newbie question, sorry!

Did you go through the documentation ?

Filtering is more advanced. The example flow i posted just listens on the websocket. To filter a specific station can be done using jsonata (where the advanced part comes in). Let's say you want to listen on station 2353, you could use a switch node to only let this specific station pass through:

Just adapted the switch to the station that I need using your print screen.
Thanks

If I did everything right, I'm not receiving the strikes.
Did I made any mistake?

Ohhh, I LIKE that line!!!

You can also build your own detector :grin:

Lightning & Thunderstorms - Forum (blitzortung.org)

I don't have the po$$ibility to do that...

Just remember that those detectors that have been implemented may be nowhere near you. There isn't one nearer than 50 miles to me I don't think.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.