Cannot find console button to resolve EIO error

Appologize for asking this newby question...
I've installed Node-red on a RPi using Raspbian Buster and connect via SSH. Was able to generate dashboards and all works fine.
Unfortunatelly the app is crashing after a few days with error:
EIO: i/o error, stat '/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/public/ui/index.html'
I've googled and found this solution: https://support.glitch.com/t/howto-fix-eio-i-o-error-read/4306

Unfortunately, I'm suck in the first step: Open the Console (Logs button -> Console button).
I simply cannot find the console. (nor the "logs button").
Although the answer must be simple, in this case google is not my friend.
Can someone guide me in the right direction? And perhaps also assess if this is indeed the right solutions?

That solution is for use within Glitch not Node-RED.

How did you install Node-RED?
What version of Node-RED & nodes are you using (both are printed in the messages when you start Node-RED)

Node-red version
pi@IOT-server:~ $ node-red-log

26 Sep 15:17:20 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.20.7
26 Sep 15:17:20 - [info] Node.js version: v10.16.3
26 Sep 15:17:20 - [info] Linux 4.19.66-v7+ arm LE
26 Sep 15:17:23 - [info] Loading palette nodes
28 Sep 09:43:31 - [info] Dashboard version 2.15.5 started at /ui
28 Sep 09:43:36 - [info] Settings file : /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
28 Sep 09:43:36 - [info] Context store : 'default' [module=memory]
28 Sep 09:43:36 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/.node-red
28 Sep 09:43:36 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
28 Sep 09:43:36 - [info] Flows file : /home/pi/.node-red/flows_IOT-server.js on
28 Sep 09:43:36 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/

I'm not completely sure how I installed the application.
Found 2 alternatives in my notes

Using Debian, as user pi

curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo bash -sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

or

// https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/raspberrypi
We provide a script to install Node.js, npm and Node-RED onto a Raspberry Pi. The script can also be used to upgrade an existing install when a new release is available.
Running the following command will download and run the script. If you want to review the contents of the script first, you can view it here.
bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/raspbian-deb-package/master/resources/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

The top bit only installs nodejs the bottom installs Node-RED (and everything it needs)

Ok, will update my doc. Since it's working I guess the installation was ok(-ish).
None the less, still get this error (crash) after some days.
Suggestions?

Update title to reflect latest insight.

It's a IO/disk error when it runs that command. Which might suggest a bad sd card but probably one for @dceejay or @knolleary to chip in...

Is that definitely a disk error? Could it be other IO such as I2C or serial?

No, it is an error doing a stat on the file.

Can you open the file manually in an editor? If so, is it complete and without error?

I'm not sure if I understand to which file you are referring?
'/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/ is a diirectory.
Can you provide guidance?
Furthermore, if the system crashes (last crash this evening) I'm not able to connect anymore. I get no response when I setup an SSH connection.
Node-red-log is not providing any details nor reference to the crash. Is there a logfile?

No: /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/public/ui/index.htm is a file.

There are various ways around that if you really need to but if your remote system is regularly crashing, you should probably order a new SD-card and build a fresh install then take the time to analyse the old card at your leisure. The other workarounds would be to use something like a SONOFF device with a custom flash that let you turn off/on your remote pi if it can't be reached in a reasonable time. You could also configure a watchdog on the Pi so that it rebooted if Node-RED dies.

No, it wouldn't because Node-RED isn't crashing from anything internal by the looks of it. It is crashing because of the inability to open the file specified. Is assume the error given somes from your syslog?

I cannot find the file:
pi@IOT-server:~ $ cat /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/public/ui/index.htm
cat: /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/public/ui/index.htm: No such file or directory

directory is empty
pi@IOT-server:/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/public ls -l total 28 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 16958 Oct 26 1985 favicon.ico drwxr-xr-x 3 pi pi 4096 Jul 25 16:41 red drwxr-xr-x 7 pi pi 4096 Jul 25 16:41 vendor pi@IOT-server:/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-client/public

I've ordered a USB stick and will try to reinstall on a stick.

Final update.
After scanning log files, I found out that influx is crashing unexpectedly. Further investigation pointed to an error in the webmin package updater. After resolving the latter the system is stable.
I still do not understand the error message because even today with a smooth running system, I cannot find the index.htm file.
Anyway, thanks for the support. Furthermore, I'm still working on an USB version.