Change node not working as expected!

Presumably with Output set to parsed JSON?

Before I try that, just noticed that disconnecting the change & debug node from the flow, still results in a debug msg, how can that be???

still here2

EDIT

And with output set to parsed json, and I get nothing out.
Checking the broker with MQTT Explorer shows that the message never reached the broker.
(replacing the contrib node with an inject node shows that the MQTT side is working)

test3

What type of deploy are you doing? Try doing a full deploy.

1 Like

Regarding oddities in the debug node (not providing any output, when there was actual output for example) I thought I was either losing my mind (which happens regularly anyway) or the node I had created was misbehaving. Now there appears to be a potential third option.

Further investigation needed.

1 Like

I was doing a 'modified nodes' deploy, but I've now selected full deploy, and it appears to have cleared the issues.
Good call Paul :+1:

I suppose that it still leaves the issue of why this happened in the first place...

I always (ummm most of the time) do a ‘modified flows’ deploy. Less than the full deploy but does more than the ‘modified nodes’ deploy.

My guess is that it didn’t clean up/create all the wires to the other nodes in the flow.

@knolleary @dceejay any thoughts about that?

In retrospect a page refresh before trying the full deploy might have been interesting.

Is this the expected result of using 'modified nodes' deploys?
It seems strange that the nodes were deployed, but the wiring wasn't?

No, that is not expected.

Changing a node's wiring is absolutely considered a modification.

I haven't had a chance to try reproducing it. It would be good to know if anyone else can.

1 Like

No. Any wiring changes should be deployed too. Something went wrong somewhere. If it happens again then it would be interesting to open the editor in another browser or another PC to see whether the flows file was not updated correctly or whether it was the browser end that was confused. Possibly if it were the file then keep a copy of the flows file before doing anything else, then do a full deploy (after a trivial change, a move of an unrelated node maybe) and the compare the two files. Along with screenshots of course.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.