Checkbox = checked send payload to a variable

Hello, on a table i have a checkbox, the idea is to use that checkbox to select the product that you want. Then press a buttom and of the items that has the checkbox checked i need the id number, to be sended to other function.

<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].Marca}}</td>
<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].Vencimiento}}</td> 
<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].Modelo}}</td>
<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].id}}</td>
<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;"><input type="checkbox"/></td>
Marca Vencimiento Modelo Id

And whats the problem ? Show us your flow with some debug messages

Craig

Hellow, the problem is that i don’t have any response, the debug shows nothing.

Well post up your flow so we can see how you are putting this together and then we can help

Craig

<div class="main">

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#D0D0D0" id="Table1" style="width:100%">
  <tr class="fondotitulo">
    <th>Marca</th> 
    <th>Vencimiento</th> 
    <th>Modelo</th> 
    <th>Id</th>
    <th>✔</th>

</tr>
  <tr ng-repeat="x in msg.payload | limitTo:100">

<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].Marca}}</td>
    <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].Vencimiento}}</td> 
    <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].Modelo}}</td>
    <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{msg.payload[$index].id}}</td>
    <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;"><input type="checkbox"/></td>

</tr>
</table>

</div>

<input type="button" value="Get Selected" onclick="check()" />

</md-button>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    function check() {
        //Reference the Table.
        var grid = document.getElementById("Table1");

//Reference the CheckBoxes in Table.
        var checkBoxes = grid.getElementsByTagName("INPUT");

//Loop through the CheckBoxes.
        for (var i = 0; i < checkBoxes.length; i++) {
            if (checkBoxes[i].checked) {
                var row = checkBoxes[i].parentNode.parentNode;

var id = row.cells[3].innerHTML;

}
        }

}
</script>

Hello Lucas ..

<div class="main">

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#D0D0D0" id="Table1" style="width:100%">
        <tr class="fondotitulo">
            <th>Marca</th>
            <th>Vencimiento</th>
            <th>Modelo</th>
            <th>Id</th>
            <th>✔</th>

</tr>

<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.Marca}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.Vencimiento}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.Modelo}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.id}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">
                <input data-id="{{x.id}}" data-marca="{{x.Marca}}" data-vencimiento="{{x.Vencimiento}}" data-modelo="{{x.Modelo}}" type="checkbox"/>
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>

</div>

<input type="button" value="Get Selected" style="margin-top:10px;" onclick="check()" />

</md-button>
</div>

//Declare once to make scope available in functions
var theScope = scope;

function check() {
        //Reference the Table.

var checkBoxes = grid.getElementsByTagName("INPUT");
        //console.log(checkBoxes)

let selected = []
        for (var i = 0; i < checkBoxes.length; i++) {
            if (checkBoxes[i].checked) {
                var id = checkBoxes[i].dataset.id;
                var marca = checkBoxes[i].dataset.marca;
                var vencimiento = checkBoxes[i].dataset.vencimiento;
                var modelo = checkBoxes[i].dataset.modelo;

selected.push( {id, marca, vencimiento, modelo})
            }
        }

//console.log(selected)
theScope.send({payload:selected}) // send back to NR

}

</script>

Test Flow :

[{"id":"7e1bacaca148f617","type":"inject","z":"4895ea10b4ee9ead","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"[{\"Marca\":\"Marca1\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento1\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo1\",\"id\":1},{\"Marca\":\"Marca2\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento2\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo2\",\"id\":2},{\"Marca\":\"Marca3\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento3\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo3\",\"id\":3},{\"Marca\":\"Marca4\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento4\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo4\",\"id\":4},{\"Marca\":\"Marca5\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento5\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo5\",\"id\":5}]","payloadType":"json","x":390,"y":920,"wires":[["7b27e8162f964804"]]},{"id":"7b27e8162f964804","type":"ui_template","z":"4895ea10b4ee9ead","group":"be1716dc44c27277","name":"","order":0,"width":"12","height":"14","format":"<div class=\"main\">\n\n    <table border=\"1\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" bordercolor=\"#D0D0D0\" id=\"Table1\" style=\"width:100%\">\n        <tr class=\"fondotitulo\">\n            <th>Marca</th>\n            <th>Vencimiento</th>\n            <th>Modelo</th>\n            <th>Id</th>\n            <th>✔</th>\n\n        </tr>\n        <tr ng-repeat=\"x in msg.payload | limitTo:100\">\n\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.Marca}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.Vencimiento}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.Modelo}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.id}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">\n                <input data-id=\"{{x.id}}\" data-marca=\"{{x.Marca}}\" data-vencimiento=\"{{x.Vencimiento}}\" data-modelo=\"{{x.Modelo}}\" type=\"checkbox\"/>\n            </td>\n        </tr>\n    </table>\n\n</div>\n\n\n<input type=\"button\" value=\"Get Selected\" style=\"margin-top:10px;\" onclick=\"check()\" />\n\n</md-button>\n</div>\n\n\n<script type=\"text/javascript\">\n\n//Declare once to make scope available in functions\nvar theScope = scope;\n\n\n    function check() {\n        //Reference the Table.\n        var grid = document.getElementById(\"Table1\");\n \n        //Reference the CheckBoxes in Table.\n        var checkBoxes = grid.getElementsByTagName(\"INPUT\");\n        //console.log(checkBoxes)\n \n\n        let selected = []\n        //Loop through the CheckBoxes.\n        for (var i = 0; i < checkBoxes.length; i++) {\n            if (checkBoxes[i].checked) {\n                var id = checkBoxes[i].dataset.id;\n                var marca = checkBoxes[i].dataset.marca;\n                var vencimiento = checkBoxes[i].dataset.vencimiento;\n                var modelo = checkBoxes[i].dataset.modelo;\n                \n                selected.push( {id, marca, vencimiento, modelo})\n            }\n        }\n\n //console.log(selected)\ntheScope.send({payload:selected}) // send back top NR\n\n   \n }\n   \n</script>","storeOutMessages":false,"fwdInMessages":false,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"local","x":560,"y":920,"wires":[["f031ce5e80e92150"]]},{"id":"f031ce5e80e92150","type":"debug","z":"4895ea10b4ee9ead","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":800,"y":920,"wires":[]},{"id":"be1716dc44c27277","type":"ui_group","name":"Default","tab":"4d0a4c2538b36c79","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"12","collapse":false},{"id":"4d0a4c2538b36c79","type":"ui_tab","name":"Home","icon":"dashboard","disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

most probably it would have worked with parentNode also but i had a go with the use of datasets

First of all Thanks!!, I Still have no answer on the debug.

1. have you refreshed the dashboard (clean browser cache)
  2. if you uncomment console.log(selected) do you see the selected array in your browser's Console ?
  3. something is sent but the array is empty .. have you ticked any of the checkboxes ?

I did all that you said but It keeps being empty the ms.payload

I dont know what is wrong .. it was working for me ..
what about the console log ? did you check it in the browser ?

i kept working on the code before your reply and i refactored the code a bit.
i was thinking that there is no need to create so many data attributes and i changed it to just one that has the json information, in order to parse it later and send it all at once ..

<div class="main">

<tr class="fondotitulo">
            <th>Marca</th>
            <th>Vencimiento</th>
            <th>Modelo</th>
            <th>Id</th>
            <th>✔</th>

</tr>

<td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.Marca}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.Vencimiento}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.Modelo}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">{{x.id}}</td>
            <td class="fondotabla" style="text-align:center;">
                <input data-json="{{x}}" type="checkbox"/>
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>

</div>

<input type="button" value="Get Selected" style="margin-top:10px;" onclick="check()" />

//Declare once to make scope available in functions
var theScope = scope;

function check() {
        //Reference the Table.

var checkBoxes = Array.from(grid.getElementsByTagName("INPUT"));
        //console.log(checkBoxes)

let selected = []
        checkBoxes.forEach( cb => {
            if (cb.checked) {
                var json = cb.dataset.json;
                selected.push( JSON.parse(json) )
            }
        })

console.table(selected)
        theScope.send({payload:selected}) // send payload of selected to NR

}

</script>

Flow :

[{"id":"7e1bacaca148f617","type":"inject","z":"4895ea10b4ee9ead","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"[{\"Marca\":\"Marca1\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento1\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo1\",\"id\":1},{\"Marca\":\"Marca2\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento2\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo2\",\"id\":2},{\"Marca\":\"Marca3\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento3\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo3\",\"id\":3},{\"Marca\":\"Marca4\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento4\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo4\",\"id\":4},{\"Marca\":\"Marca5\",\"Vencimiento\":\"Vencimiento5\",\"Modelo\":\"Modelo5\",\"id\":5}]","payloadType":"json","x":170,"y":740,"wires":[["7b27e8162f964804"]]},{"id":"7b27e8162f964804","type":"ui_template","z":"4895ea10b4ee9ead","group":"be1716dc44c27277","name":"","order":0,"width":"12","height":"14","format":"<div class=\"main\">\n\n    <table border=\"1\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" bordercolor=\"#D0D0D0\" id=\"Table1\" style=\"width:100%\">\n        <tr class=\"fondotitulo\">\n            <th>Marca</th>\n            <th>Vencimiento</th>\n            <th>Modelo</th>\n            <th>Id</th>\n            <th>✔</th>\n\n        </tr>\n        <tr ng-repeat=\"x in msg.payload | limitTo:100\">\n\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.Marca}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.Vencimiento}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.Modelo}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">{{x.id}}</td>\n            <td class=\"fondotabla\" style=\"text-align:center;\">\n                <input data-json=\"{{x}}\" type=\"checkbox\"/>\n            </td>\n        </tr>\n    </table>\n\n</div>\n\n<input type=\"button\" value=\"Get Selected\" style=\"margin-top:10px;\" onclick=\"check()\" />\n\n\n<script type=\"text/javascript\">\n    //Declare once to make scope available in functions\nvar theScope = scope;\n\n\n    function check() {\n        //Reference the Table.\n        var grid = document.getElementById(\"Table1\");\n \n        //Reference the CheckBoxes in Table.\n        var checkBoxes = Array.from(grid.getElementsByTagName(\"INPUT\"));\n        //console.log(checkBoxes)\n \n        let selected = []\n        //Loop through the CheckBoxes.\n        checkBoxes.forEach( cb => {\n            if (cb.checked) {\n                var json = cb.dataset.json;\n                selected.push( JSON.parse(json) )\n            }\n        })\n               \n\n        console.table(selected)\n        theScope.send({payload:selected}) // send payload of selected to NR\n\n    }\n   \n</script>","storeOutMessages":false,"fwdInMessages":false,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"local","x":340,"y":740,"wires":[["f031ce5e80e92150"]]},{"id":"f031ce5e80e92150","type":"debug","z":"4895ea10b4ee9ead","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":530,"y":740,"wires":[]},{"id":"be1716dc44c27277","type":"ui_group","name":"Default","tab":"4d0a4c2538b36c79","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"12","collapse":false},{"id":"4d0a4c2538b36c79","type":"ui_tab","name":"Home","icon":"dashboard","disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

it doesn't work either, still appears empty. I don´t understeand why.
I send you a pic of the dashboard, but it´s only the table with the data, not much.

if you Import the flow i sent you without making any changes or wiring it to your db ..
does that work ?

Yes I tried with your flow but it´s the same, debugs said empty and on the console log the same.

I got it!!!! it works. Thanks you so much!!!

great !!! .. out of curiosity .. what was the problem ?

honestly I dont know I re Copied the files and it works
Thank you so much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.