Control radiator thermostat Zigbee2mqtt

Hello,

I got a "Eurotronic Spirit ZigBee" and an Zigbee-Stick for my Raspberry Pi 3.

I also use Nodered (4 sure) and mosquitto.

Now i can see the radiator thermostat on my devices, but i cant use it and the documentation is quiet bad.

I could only use command for lamps.. no temperature or something.. (see on screenshot)

Could someone may help me?

Many Thanks!

I don´t use the z2m nodes for the same reason your mentioned about the documentation.

I could suggest a couple of things:

1- Check out the recommendations given in the device documentation in the zigbee2mqtt site, more specifically the one about debounce option.

1. You can always test the communication between the device (your thermostat) using standard MQTT nodes from Node-RED. You can easily publish and subscribe to the relevant topics to see if the device is alive in the zigbee network.

many many thanks for your reply.

Could you please give my an example for that..

I can't find any usable information from this thermostat .. i had tanken an debug node to get all infomation and all i got was "unknown"..

Many Thanks!

hopefully
J.P.

Sure. If your device has been successfully paired then it will get an entry added to the configuration file. Check out this configuration file to find the friendly name associated with the device (most likely you already edited this file before as one of the first thing people do is changing the friendly name). This command will show the configuration file.

cat /opt/zigbee2mqtt/data/configuration.yaml

Then a simple MQTT IN node added to a Node-RED flow will be able to get the values from the device. You want to configure the topic in this node as: zigbee2mqtt/friendly_name. Alternatively you can get the latest values by publishing to the topic zigbee2mqtt/friendly_name/get.

Well, below flow is probably self explanatory. Jut edit the configuration of the MQTT node to point it to your MQTT broker (the same one configured in the zigbee2mqtt gateway). Edit also the friendly_name to match yours.

[{"id":"8ec5512b.3dd93","type":"mqtt in","z":"59a9124d.bf2cbc","name":"","topic":"zigbee2mqtt/friendly_name","qos":"2","datatype":"utf8","broker":"4b8b1456.e440dc","x":270,"y":1600,"wires":[["27257ffd.5d904"]]},{"id":"27257ffd.5d904","type":"debug","z":"59a9124d.bf2cbc","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":490,"y":1600,"wires":[]},{"id":"ee2fc280.38cb2","type":"mqtt out","z":"59a9124d.bf2cbc","name":"","topic":"","qos":"2","retain":"false","broker":"4b8b1456.e440dc","x":530,"y":1680,"wires":[]},{"id":"f6ce06f3.c982e8","type":"inject","z":"59a9124d.bf2cbc","name":"","topic":"zigbee2mqtt/friendly_name/get","payload":"{\"state\":\"\"}","payloadType":"json","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":300,"y":1680,"wires":[["ee2fc280.38cb2"]]},{"id":"4b8b1456.e440dc","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"Home Broker","broker":"192.168.1.40","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"compatmode":true,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":""}]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.