Moes BHT-002 Thermostat - Zigbee - Unable control via Node-RED

Hi all, forgive me for my bumbling but i am at a loss what to do next
I have installed and connected the following thermostat

I am able to control the Thermostat via Z2M and HA.

Node-RED / MQTT explorer pickes up the the following MQTT messages

"child_lock":"UNLOCK","current_heating_setpoint":18,"deadzone_temperature":3,"heat":"OFF","linkquality":105,"local_temperature":16,"local_temperature_calibration":0,"max_temperature_limit":21,"min_temperature_limit":null,"preset":"hold","preset_mode":"hold","running_state":"idle","sensor":"IN","system_mode":"heat"}

However publishing a message via Node-RED or Explorer does not produce any result.
I suspect this is something that Z2M and HA have baked in to their setup for correctly send the message but im at a loss how to get this working.

Youtube videos suggest adjusting "system_mode" between (heat:off) works but ive had no success.
I do see the following line in the debug log that might shed some light but again im new to this, a nudge in the right direction would be useful!

Received Zigbee message from 'Thermostat Kitchen', type 'commandDataResponse', cluster 'manuSpecificTuya', data '{"dpValues":[{"data":{"data":[0,0,0,18],"type":"Buffer"},"datatype":2,"dp":16}],"seq":51272}' from endpoint 1 with groupID 0

Thank you for your time and support.

Darren

You should be able to send a message to mqtt:

topic: zigbee2mqtt/<friendly name of device>/set

payload: {"system_mode": "heat"}
or
payload: {"system_mode": "off"}

to change the temperature use:

payload: {"current_heating_setpoint": <somevalue>}

I can send the messages, it just doesnt do anything, so below is the inject and thje debug output, you can see the object being publised but the subsequent updates shows it didnt actually change.

Well, heating_setpoint is: 22, local temp is 21, so there is nothing to do ?

msg.topic should be zigbee2mqtt/Thermostat Kitchen/set

system_mode: Mode of this device. To control publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"system_mode": VALUE} where VALUE is one of: off, heat. To read send a message to zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/get with payload {"system_mode": ""}

Cheers mate, that would have been a problem at the time if it wasnt for the topic issue, hadnt noticed the temp rise up which would have confused me even more! I shall bank that one as im sure it will not be the first time i try get it to heat when its already hot!

Spot on, , added the /set to the topic and off it went (after increasing the temp set point!)
Thank you both for your quick support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.