Convert a Buffer into a JavascriptObject

Hello,
I am trying to convert the following buffer out of an sensor into a Javascript Object withou any success...

Can anyone plz help me? I am trying to convert the raw data throught the following code:

var XDK_str = msg.payload.toString();
var XDK_parsed = JSON.parse(XDK_str);
return {XDK_str};

Buffer:
{"xdk2mam":[{"sensorType": "Environmental","data":[{"name":"Pressure","value":"98186"},{"name":"Temperature","value":"28030"},{"name":"Humidity","value":"37"}]},{"sensorType":"Accelerometer","data":[{"name":"x","value":"13"},{"name":"y","value":"13"},{"name":"z","value":"999"}]},{"sensorType":"Gyroscope","data":[{"name":"x","value":"-2197"},{"name":"y","value":"1342"},{"name":"z","value":"1220"}]},{"sensorType":"Inertial","data":[{"name":"x","value":"122"},{"name":"y","value":"488"},{"name":"z","value":"488"}]},{"sensorType":"Light","data":[{"name":"milliLux","value":"18900"}]},{"sensorType":"Magnetometer","data":[{"name":"x","value":"9"},{"name":"y","value":"-18"},{"name":"z","value":"-44"}]} ],"device": "XDK_MQTT","timestamp": "7717"}

Thanks !!

0 Likes

When you say buffer, do you mean a javascript Buffer? If you are not sure then feed it into a debug node and show us what you see.

In addition a problem with your function is that you are not returning a correctly constructed object. You might want to use

msg.payload = XDK_parsed;
return msg

Did you try just feeding the buffer into a JSON node? It is designed for strings but it might work with a buffer, I don't know.

Finally when posting things like your buffer or a flow put a line containing three backtick characters before it and another such line after it. That will prevent the forum from reformatting it, putting in fancy quotes and so on.

0 Likes

Hi Colin,
It worked now after feeding the output our the function to a JSON node.
Thanks a lot for the hints !

0 Likes