Corrupt context file causes Node-RED server to fail to start

It doesn't quite feel right that a corrupted context file should prevent Node-RED from starting - is that expected behaviour?

If so, could that error be better trapped with an error message and the server allowed to continue?

0|Node-RED  | 9 Oct 13:33:06 - [error] Failed to start server:
0|Node-RED  | 9 Oct 13:33:06 - [error] Error: Error loading context store: Error: Invalid JSON in context file 'D:\src\nr\data\context\ba86b64531fa3971\cb93e1c6dee6854a.json'
0|Node-RED  |     at D:\src\nr\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\nodes\context\index.js:180:15

I think, I've seen GH issues (or Forum) about this before.

Would a setting to automatically delete the corrupted file and then regenerate it be a better option?

I would prefer not to be honest. I'm not sure what corrupted the file though I did have a Blue Screen crash today which might have been it - I don't believe that was related to Node-RED BTW.

I renamed the file because I wanted to check out what it contained but needed Node-RED to restart. That would be my preferred outcome I think because when it did start up, the file - with all valid data was re-created.

I've not had time to look to see if that was because I have a startup inject that creates it, it was test data after all so that may well be the case.