COVID-19 status by country

Exactly! Then you could see which way countries are going, getting better of worse and by how much.

One other question, is there a location where I could get the same data for the US states? I'd like to be able to compare the various states and see how they are doing.

The problem with that is that there is "noise" in the data. So just comparing the delta between 2 successive days will mainly show "noise" instead of the real changes of the reproduction number.

E.g. for Belgium we jumped from 0.6 (yesterday) to 0.91 (today).

... but of course it is very easy to add this column:

1. In the change node: calculate reproduction rates,... you need to add following extra line after line 10:
"reproduction_number_delta_today_versus_yesterday" : $new_cases_current - $new_cases_1day_ago,
  1. in the table node you need to add this new column and play a bit with the column width settings.

2. If you want background coloring then you need to update the html with background color node.

Yes, there is: see

I have used it in my other COVID project:

The data set I am currently using also contains province/substate information (not about the US states :cry:) which I am currently not showing. I am thinking about adding these records as well.

COOL! That fixed it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: thanks

Now I just have to wrap my head around some of the stats...

1 Like
  1. "Holy See" is Vatican (in Rome) - it has 12 reported cases and counts only 809 people that is why the total cases per million is so big. So that is not an error.

2. The 9999 reproduction number is explained when clicking on the INFO button:

1 Like

Sorry, was away.

I can confirm that I had the same initial problem on a new install of Node Red. Installed the ui-table node and dashboard and had the table missing. Restarted Node Red, still the same. Rebooted to get it all to display (table missing).

I thought it may have been me!

@janvda Thank you. I am also learning a lot about JSONata from this flow!

I am sorry to hear you still have the problem.

1. Maybe you can try Paul Reed's solution specified here below:
  1. If that doesn't work you can also try to remove the flow and reimport it again.

Also check what is logged in the node-red log file.

1 Like

Thank you.

Sorry, should have made myself clearer. All running now.

From your original Flow, the Dashboard output didn't take at all, defined the Tabs etc, as they were blank in the output node, defined the outputs and 'refresh' box appeared but no table. Your second Flow followed shortly afterwards, it again just showed the 'refresh' box, but no table. From there I decided a Reboot might be required - that made it work.

1 Like

An FYI,

Just seen a news headline, 'WHO worried about resurgence in Europe', but didn't name countries. Using the flow putting Austria as the selected country, all becomes apparent!!

1 Like

New FEATURE : Statistics for the US States are added

To see them you have to click on the new button RETRIEVE US STATES.
Note that it takes a bit of time to display the statistics (about 12 sec on my intel-NUC - most likely on a raspberry pi it will take a bit longer).

The flow is too big to embed it here.
Instead you can clone it from my github repository : GitHub - janvda/node-red-covid-status-by-country or copy paste it from following link:

Here an example output of the US states for today sorted according 3rd column :

2 Likes

@janvda Jan, thank you this makes it much easite to see what is going on over here. It's nice to see my state (Massachusetts has one of the lowest RN numbers today, hopefully it will keep going lower)

You deserve a pat on the back (at the least).

1 Like

Ok, here is my weird issue for the week. Running NR on a Mac and using Safari to look at the dashboard. When I first display the dashboard it looks like this:

notice the blank area at the bottom? If I scroll, new countries show up, but the blank area s still there.

The moment I resize the window I see this:

All the rows that will fit in the defined area show up.

This only happens is Safari, both FireFox and Chrome work fine...like I said, weird issue of the week :joy:

NEW EXTENSION : also the state/province data for China, Australia and Canada is available via the "RETRIEVE COUNTRIES" button.

The flow can be down-loaded via following link:

For Chinese provinces - the population data has also been added so that all columns in the table can be calculated.

See here below:

Observations for the Chinese provinces

• new cases are reported in several Chinese provinces in the last 2-3 weeks.
  • ... despite this the number of cases per day per million is extremely low (if we ignore Hong Kong, then Beijing has reported the highest number = 0.55 cases/day/million)
  • ... after new cases are reported, the reproduction rate is going down very rapidly.

ANOTHER FEATURE: "minimum population" dropdown button added.

If you only want to see data for countries / states having a certain minimal population you can do that by setting the dropdown button and then clicking on the "RETRIEVE COUNTRIES" or "RETRIEVE US STATES" button.

If you select >=0 then it will show all countries/states/provinces: including those for which the population is not specified.

The flow can be downloaded from:

I have extended this flow so that it now shows the reproduction number for 6 more weeks : from 4 weeks ago up to 9 weeks ago.

Here below todays country statistics sorted on increasing distance from Belgium

Here below todays US states statistics sorted on decreasing population

1 Like

With the new increase in cases in my country, I have further extended the table with columns showing the reproduction number for

• 2 days ago
  • 4 days ago
  • 10 weeks ago
  • 11 weeks ago
  • 12 weeks ago

This feature is NOT available for the US states (you will get blank columns). If you would like these columns for US states, please let me know.

Todays country chart sorted by increasing distance from Belgium

Todays country chart sorted by decreasing population

1 Like

Further updated the flow.
It is now showing the weekly reproduction number for the last 25 weeks !

Example for countries with population > 100.000, sorted based on distance from Belgium.

Column definitions

Observations:

• the red at the right corresponds to the start of the lock down in european countries.
  • the green part in the middle corresponds to the 2nd part of the lock down
  • yellow - orange part at the left corresponds to the period the lock down measures are relaxed.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.