CPU load giving funny output from machine

I think the install was simply taking up the load.

I have no worries with that. I was just confused why NR's CPU load node wasn't indicating it like it does on other machines.

All other things being as they are, I think I had better leave well enough alone.

1 Like

So I assume you took a backup before you did the install so you could revert if something failed.
But in the unlikely event that you didn't, now would be a good time to take a backup...

1 Like

The likely reason has been explained a few times, but Iā€™ll try to summarise: the machine was so strongly overloaded that Node-RED could not receive any updates with a new CPU load to state that it was indeed at 100%.

I'm a newbie in NR but I found high cpu usage and hang the PI4 when i played around with "flows".
A suggestion is to have a separate hardware with NR for testing and develop and when you think your flow is excellent just copy it it to the regular server, my homeass and Shinobi cctv server hanged when it was needed......

What were you installing and how were you doing it?

I was installing TBO player.

The RPI couldn't have been so overloaded it couldn't update the CPU load because it was being updated.

40%, 35%, 54%, 60%, and so on. (nominal values I saw seeing)

It was sending values to the gauge at regular intervals.

I was installing it from a VNC.

Oh, ok, I also just realised that I posted the dmesg from the wrong machine.
(Because I don't have this machine in question on line as much I default to the one on which I usually do most of the work.
Hey, at least I admit it and am now uploading the correct reply.)

However reading the new/correct one: I don' think there is a SD card problem.

dmesg.txt (21.0 KB)

Can you confirm that the top that you showed was not also from the wrong machine? Or maybe the dashboard was from the wrong machine.

(Sorry for delay.)

No I can't - now. I cropped the images to that and so can't prove they were from the correct machine.

The best I could do is try to repeat the scenario.