Cron-plus max number of timers

Playing with cron-plus and for a little bit was seeing some weird responses. Finally figured out it was my code but it started when I added some timers. There are 21 timers now and it works but I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of timers on cron-plus node can run and what that would be?
Thanks

Hi Gerry, I wrote that node so if anyone would know it would be me right? :thinking:.

So, to answer your question, I have no idea haha. I didn't build any hard limits in but I do imagine there is a point where it would exhibit problems - likely memory or processing issues when you get up to crazy numbers.

What sort of number of schedules are you thinking of creating? 100? 1000?

I'm quietly confident all of the above would be totally fine - even on a PI.

After these sorts of numbers, you probably want to consider your architecture or underlying design. E.g. how do you maintain 1000 schedules? Surely there would be some sensible consolidation or grouping of events possible?

If you really must know, feel free to create a test (e.g. knock up an expression generator & means of measurement to dynamically create a huge number of schedules via the msg interface and see how far you can push it) then please let me know the outcome. I'd be curious to know at what point problems arise.

I have 21 timers running on one now and I can see maybe 40 total, I didn't think it would be a problem but thought I'd check it out to make sure.
Thanks for the response.

1 Like